New video out on Coach Knight's return to Assembly Hall

13 minutes ago, RJPaisley said:

This was awesome. The love the players have for Coach is obvious. This is one happy Hoosier they persevered and got him back to Assembly Hall for the fans to show their appreciation.

Two thoughts from mile.

One.  It IS a great video. WIth shots of the return, we have not seen before.  And the replies from some of IU's greatest.... are just that.  Great.

Two. Mention was made about Coach Knight burying  the hatchet.  And I was critical of his refusing offers to return to B-town over the years. Most especially his refusal to return to  IU for his induction into the IU Hall of fame.  However, taking his cue.  milehiu is officially going on record as burying the hatchet as well.

2 minutes ago, snowling said:

Sorry, Mile, missed your post.  It is a good one.

Go Hoosiers!

Thanks Steve.  Just know you are the best.  GO HOOSIERS !   And I continue to think and pray for you and your wife, in terms of good heath.  Knowing what both of you have gone through, recently. And considering this horrible pandemic.   Stay safe ! 

I loved seeing it live and again with this video.  I remember the first time I met him.  1987 outside of the Hoosier dome when they beat Auburn.  Just by chance I went out the wrong doors and could not get back in so I had to walk around to the parking lot.  came across the bus and the team was standing outside.  Got all the autographs including Coach.  

So does anyone think he will come back to see more games or the University potentially re-naming the floor after him.

For all of the faults the man had you can tell just how.much he loved his guys and they love him. People dont like hearing it but I still say Bob Knight is Indiana basketball. I have traveled all over this country wearing IU gear and almost every time someone says something about Coach Knight. It's never a player,  another coach or the Kelley school of business or any other team. Its always Bobby Knight

6 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I went to severel of his basketball camps back in the mid 90's. I'm not saying I knew him well but did spend some time around him. It was a bit sad to see the RMK I knew be diminished, but it felt good to see him where he belongs, home.  

From 1992 to 2005 I talked to coach on a very regular basis. Been 15 years and I really miss talking with him

Archived