Pizza.

Though I have never been to NYC. The thin crust  NYC style looks  delicious to me.  ( I'm looking at you... Lost in '76  LOL )

I love deep dish out of Chicago.  In fact ,have it shipped out to the mile household from time to time.

And love St. Louis style....with their special cheese.

Here's a You Tube Vid. of a guy that I follow. Who travels the country. Reviewing pizza.  Caution . Language :

Barstool Pizza Review - Maroni's Pizza House (Scranton, PA)

So. Hoosier Sports Nation. What's your fav pizza. Including toppings ?

Edited by milehiiu
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Though I have never been to NYC. The thin crust  NYC style looks  delicious to me.  ( I'm looking at you... Lost in '76  LOL )

I love deep dish out of Chicago.  In fact ,have it shipped out to the mile household from time to time.

Here's a You Tube Vid. of a guy that I follow. Who travels the country. Reviewing pizza.  Caution . Language :

Simple stuff for a simple guy. Cracker thin crust with extra pepperoni and cheese...

To be honest, I like the cheap old Jack's frozen pepperoni pizzas they sell for $2.50 at Walmart just fine.

Favorite restaurant pizza is from J Christoper Italian restaurant in Kingwood...

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Simple stuff for a simple guy. Cracker thin crust with extra pepperoni and cheese...

To be honest, I like the cheap old Jack's frozen pepperoni pizzas they sell for $2.50 at Walmart just fine.

Favorite restaurant pizza is from J Christoper Italian restaurant in Kingwood...

Amen. Born in Chicago and I find our pizza disgusting. If I wanted lasagna I'll make it. Same preference. Thin crust...and plenty of meat and Jack's is eating up one area of my freezer right now. 5 for $10 at Kroger this week. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Amen. Born in Chicago and I find our pizza disgusting. If I wanted lasagna I'll make it. Same preference. Thin crust...and plenty of meat and Jack's is eating up one area of my freezer right now. 5 for $10 at Kroger this week. 

Personally I love both thick and thin crust.

Have you ever been here ? :

Chicago's Best Pizza: Vito & Nick's 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Personally I love both thick and thin crust.

Have you ever been here ? :

Chicago's Best Pizza: Vito & Nick's 

Heard of it but honestly never been. I know they try for thin and by all accounts is really good! Funny thing about Chicagoland though. There are literally 1000's of the best ever places. Very territorial when it comes to za. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I like the deep dish meat lovers and extra cheese

• Like 2

Right now my favorite is Neopolatin style when I can get it. I lean more thin crust but will eat just about any kind except Pizza Hut. 

Whatever Pizza Hut does to theirs my colon doesnt agree.

My favorite combo is bacon, onion, jalapeno, and pineapple. Come at me🤨.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I’ve been living in Chicago a long time and can’t warm up to deep dish.  I’m still a thin crust Indiana guy.  Your lasagna comment is hilarious and true for me. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Not that I'm against this discussion, actually I'm all for it but didn't we discuss this in the Pizza Style thread back in August 2019? Mods might want to merge the threads and let's have it again!!

Can't say I've been to any spectacular places since we last discussed it, in fact today at lunch at Johnny's Pizza I ordered a wrap! I'm still going with Anglers Haven on Lac Courte Oreilles as the best pizza place I know!

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’ve been living in Chicago a long time and can’t warm up to deep dish.  I’m still a thin crust Indiana guy.  Your lasagna comment is hilarious and true for me. 

Have a few dozen family members, friends....and brethren that still try and convince me otherwise. Not having it. How can I drink 10 beers if I feel like one piece of pizza is weighing me down?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Even living in St. Louis for so many years, I could never come around on provel cheese. Love me some Chicago deep dish but like thin crust too (Donato’s is clutch). 

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

Not that I'm against this discussion, actually I'm all for it but didn't we discuss this in the Pizza Style thread back in August 2019? Mods might want to merge the threads and let's have it again!!

Good memory.  Thought it needed to be brought up again, during the Pandemic. 

13 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Even living in St. Louis for so many years, I could never come around on provel cheese. Love me some Chicago deep dish but like thin crust too (Donato’s is clutch). 

I like Imo's. Not just the cheese.  But also the fact that they cut their pizza into squares. 

St. Louis-Style Pizza | Experience the Tradition

Edited by milehiiu

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I like Imo's. Not just the cheese.  But also the fact that they cut their pizza into squares. 

St. Louis-Style Pizza | Experience the Tradition

Square pizza is best. I never knew square pizza existed until I met my wife from Illinois.  An Illinois pizza chain called Monicals, thin cracker crust square cut and a delicious house made French style dressing. 

Funny to me pizza story. I worked at a really crappy pizza place called Mr. Gattis for a couple years in high school.  Had an arcade.  But the main attraction was the 54" tv.  The Amish absolutely love IU basketball.  Whenever they showed up for 9pm games, after we had cleaned up, the manager would make us fire up the oven and reset the buffet.  So one night I told the pizza cutter to cut the cheese but not the crust. 

Watching them saw at the crust with dull spatulas was my revenge. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Square pizza is best. I never knew square pizza existed until I met my wife from Illinois.  An Illinois pizza chain called Monicals, thin cracker crust square cut and a delicious house made French style dressing. 

Funny to me pizza story. I worked at a really crappy pizza place called Mr. Gattis for a couple years in high school.  Had an arcade.  But the main attraction was the 54" tv.  The Amish absolutely love IU basketball.  Whenever they showed up for 9pm games, after we had cleaned up, the manager would make us fire up the oven and reset the buffet.  So one night I told the pizza cutter to cut the cheese but not the crust. 

Watching them saw at the crust with dull spatulas was my revenge. 

Grew up in Gary, Indiana. Never knew that pizza cut be cut in slices, till I arrived on campus at Indiana University.  All our pizza "joints" in Gary.... always cut their pizza's into squares.  To this day... I think pizza cut into squares tastes best. 

Oh. And long live Chuck E. Cheese.  Sorry may be going away... due to the Pandemic.

Chuck E. Cheese's parent company files for bankruptcy 

Edited by milehiiu
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Grew up in Gary, Indiana. Never knew that pizza cut be cut in slices, till I arrived on campus at Indiana University.  All our pizza "joints" in Gary.... always cut their pizza's into squares.  To this day... I think pizza cut into squares tastes best. 

Oh. And long live Chuck E. Cheese.  Sorry may be going away... due to the Pandemic.

Chuck E. Cheese's parent company files for bankruptcy 

Loved Chuck E. Cheese growing up. A parents worst nightmare.  Had some good times playing air hockey with my dad. 

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Loved Chuck E. Cheese growing up. A parents worst nightmare.  Had some good times playing air hockey with my dad. 

Been years since the mile family has been there. As our son out grew Chuck E.  Loved the shows.  And the pizza.  Thin crust. Greasy. And good.

Please stay safe. 

Edited by milehiiu
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I’m gonna have to try J Christopher. Texans make great food, Houston is like some kind of food capital, BBQ, Tex Mex, Steak, etc — but man they can’t make pizza here, it’s been killing me for years lol. I’ll hit up J Chris when I can thx for the recommendation.

Grew up on Mother Bears, Garcia’s, Noble Romans, and our other favorite IU pizza places, trips to Chicago for Gino’s East. Deep dish, NY - style thin crust, I don’t care if it’s round, square, thin, deep dish or stuffed, just give me good pizza 

• Like 1