Pizza.

18 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I like Jack's too. Local IGA would have a 10 for $10 deal every month it seemed. Quickly ran out of freezer space.  

The best deal ever was when the Eglin Commissary put Totino's 12 inch pizzas on sale for a dollar a case (12). My kids were eating those things from 6th grade into high school...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Noice. Wish I had a deal like that in college.  

It was mayhem that day. My two oldest daughters (11 and 12 at the time) fought their way into the scrum and were throwing the case boxes out to their Mom...we had a freezer at the time, and they came home with like 10 cases...

They still laugh about that to this day (both in their mid 30s)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm at work today and for my bday the wife came up to bring me Mother Bears for lunch.

Been awhile since I've had it and havent really been productive since. So good. 

Happy Birthday, and I'm still strugling with how you made me feel in the Famiy thread! Love you brother!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm at work today and for my bday the wife came up to bring me Mother Bears for lunch.

Been awhile since I've had it and havent really been productive since. So good. 

Always a good feel of home. Jealous of you guys that just have it at your disposal if you need it. Bloomington is just Heaven. We were down there a couple months ago. Grabbed a beer and fried mushrooms at Nick's....next thing I know we're staying at Hampton Inn getting takeout from Denny's trying to navigate the parking lot. Love Bloomington. It's one of the 15-20 cities in the country when you say it....you can feel it. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/27/2021 at 10:53 PM, mrflynn03 said:

So maybe not with my next bonus check but before this year is over I'm getting one of these 

An OONIE pellet fired pizza oven. 

image.png.17913eeb701870cbd1951865fa4e6e2b.png

A friend of mine bought something like that for his new house on Lake Conroe. We went over there, made our own pizzas, and waited for the oven to reach 500 degrees. When it finally got close, we put them in for what was supposed to be 3 minutes...

Problem was, the temp gauge he was using was set to Celsius rather than Fahrenheit...

They came out a little black...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

A friend of mine bought something like that for his new house on Lake Conroe. We went over there, made our own pizzas, and waited for the oven to reach 500 degrees. When it finally got close, we put them in for what was supposed to be 3 minutes...

Problem was, the temp gauge he was using was set to Celsius rather than Fahrenheit...

They came out a little black...

Other than the temperature mix up what did you think of it. 

I'm thinking I could make more than just pizza with it. Pizza being the primary reason though. 

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Other than the temperature mix up what did you think of it. 

I'm thinking I could make more than just pizza with it. Pizza being the primary reason though. 

It was cool. He was so excited for us to come over and try it out...I felt bad for him, but we went back a few weeks later and it turned out great...his homemade dough was pretty good too...

Of course before he started that time I grabbed the temp gauge from him and pointed out the "F" and the "C" like any good friend would have 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1