Pizza.

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I want to do a smoked brisket pizza. Smoke the brisket do all that jazz and then make a pizza and smoke it. 

Anyone done this?

Not brisket, but we have done bbq beef replacing the pizza sauce with bbq sauce.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I want to do a smoked brisket pizza. Smoke the brisket do all that jazz and then make a pizza and smoke it. 

Anyone done this?

I've done it with pulled pork. Pork and red onions were the only toppings. Didnt think of smoking the pizza though. Was pretty good. 

Next thing to figure out is how to get mongolian or general tsoas chicken in pizza form. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

No, but I inadvertently turned the oven dial the wrong way and broiled a pizza once. 

Trust me, you don't want broiled pizza...

My daughter almost caught Steve on fire by cooking a frozen pizza but did not realize the cardboard stuck to bottom of it. Apparently the temp got above farenheit 451

28 minutes ago, mjeze106 said:

Detroit-style pizza is my favorite personally. That cheese....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit-style_pizza

Detroit-Style Pan Pizza Recipe | Serious Eats

I like our local Neopolitan style the best, but REALLY love Detroit Style pizza like this. Reminds me of personal pan pizzas from back in the day, but less greasy.

We have a standard rotation of about five or six pizza places in Brooklyn that we choose from. I also love a Sbarro slice when I'm traveling and nothing else is available.

Lucali's is probably our favorite, but the lines are making it really tough to enjoy it. Also interesting history with the owner.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/mark-iacono-owner-renowned-brooklyn-pizzeria-lucali-stabbed-brazen-street-attack-article-1.114774

Definitely not a fan of Chicago-style pizza.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

many may years ago my great grandpa told me that Pizza was like sex, some are better than others but none are bad. That was early 80's and lots have changed but for the most part both are pretty good. 

Your grandpa must have never had a Totinos. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Once you've had authentic NY pizza you'll soon realize that Mother Bears is only a half step above Domino's. 

Naah Mother Bears rocks. Pizza nut here. Have had all kinds of pizza in NYC, along with Chicago and DC, Houston (underwhelming), Boston, Atlanta, and basically every other city I’ve spent time in. MB’s holds up well 

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I often have left over pizza for breakfast. In fact had the Chicago seven from Old Chicago (which I love) just the other day.

Do you have a lot of Papa John's out your way?  I thought Peyton opened a couple dozen. They've always been my favorite of the big 3...with Pizza Hut and Domino's being the other.

Edited by dbmhoosier
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Do you have a lot of Papa John's out your way?  I thought Peyton opened a couple dozen. 

Yes. And he owned at least a dozen Papa John's in the Denver metro area.  However, it is my belief he sold them all at a huge profit. And now Peyton is involved in a real estate company in Colorado.  Adds running on tv... all the time.

15 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Speaking of Old Chicago, there is one in Vincennes now in the old theatre downtown. Which is nice because one is finally close to me. 

Interestingly enough.  Old Chicago originated in Colorado.... and not in Chicago.   The mile family loves their pizza.

Enjoy the one close to you. I know you will. 

oldchicago.com

Edited by milehiiu