The Bart - a facility tour

snowling

Fantastic facility.  Only wish the vid was longer.

As a student, living at McNutt. I would cross over to where IU baseball was played.  Hardly anyone showed up for games. But... I did. I attended little league fields in Gary, Indiana that were better.  No facilities at IU. No food. And  just  a couple of port a potties.

IU baseball has come a long way from then.  Even having Coach Knight showing up for a game was a treat.

Thanks for the vid. 

I'll say this about Bart. In a prior life he was considered competition. He used to speak at some area meetings here in Indy and his schedule was a thing of beauty. 30-40 appointments per week. 7 days a week. The guy never stopped. There's 4-5 others on insurance side and another dozen or so on investment side that are bigger in Indy and 2 in Bloomington....and all are IU fans. None of those men/women put their money where their mouth is. Thank goodness for Bart. Changed IU Baseball forever.

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll say this about Bart. In a prior life he was considered competition. He used to speak at some area meetings here in Indy and his schedule was a thing of beauty. 30-40 appointments per week. 7 days a week. The guy never stopped. There's 4-5 others on insurance side and another dozen or so on investment side that are bigger in Indy and 2 in Bloomington....and all are IU fans. None of those men/women put their money where their mouth is. Thank goodness for Bart. Changed IU Baseball forever.

Appreciate the story. Program grows by the day, obviously he was an integral part of that. 

#BuildtheMonster 

Just checked Wiki. Capacity at the Bart is listed at 2,500.  And saw some seasons where average attendance exceeded capacity.  Time for a  bigger boat ?

Far cry from when I was in school at IU, and maybe on a good day, a handful of fans came out to watch IU baseball at home.

Just now, milehiiu said:

Just checked Wiki. Capacity at the Bart is listed at 2,500.  And saw some seasons where average attendance exceeded capacity.  Time for a  bigger boat ?

Far cry from when I was in school at IU, and maybe on a good day, a handful of fans came out to watch IU baseball at home.

Oh it gets packed. Lots of standing room at the Bart. 

I was there with over 5,000 people.. walk off winner vs Valpo 2013

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Appreciate the story. Program grows by the day, obviously he was an integral part of that. 

#BuildtheMonster 

I know the players, coaches, staff,etc....put in all the sweat equity but Bart made a baseball rich state stay home. Now we've hired multiple elite level coaches and sending players to MLB every season. All started with facilities and a vision by a few. So awesome to see. Can't tell you how much I enjoy coming down for 4-5 games per year at the Bart instead of chain linked fence across from McNutt and Briscoe when I was in school. 

Archived