High School Hoops '20-'21

On 1/16/2021 at 8:57 AM, 5fouls said:

Silver Creek's first real test when everyone is healthy tonight against Bloomington North.  North is ranked 9th in the Sagarin.  I say 'when healthy', because SC had to play Blackhawk and North Harrison without Kaufman.  Likely win both of those games if he was.  Other than those 2 and a game against Jeffersonville, SC's early schedule has not been that challenging.  

Silver Creek with a very impressive 94-74 win over Bloomington North.  The first time all season that they seemed to really put it all together.  

24 minutes ago, rico said:

New Haven knocks off (FW) Carroll  59-51.  

Looks like the SAC belongs to Homestead.

Homestead is a legit 4A championship contender.  With Blackhawk the likely winner in 2A, could be a great year for high school hoops in Fort Wayne.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

On 1/17/2021 at 9:40 AM, 5fouls said:

Homestead is a legit 4A championship contender.  With Blackhawk the likely winner in 2A, could be a great year for high school hoops in Fort Wayne.  

Who is Homestead’s biggest competition? They look damn near unbeatable at this point. They struggled defending Furst the other night but I doubt they go up against bigs like that too often. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Who is Homestead’s biggest competition? They look damn near unbeatable at this point. They struggled defending Furst the other night but I doubt they go up against bigs like that too often. 

I would never discount the usual suspects from the Indy Metro area.  Lawrence North and Carmel are the two most likely candidates this season.  But. really, with the gauntlet those teams face game in and game out, you can't count out any team, as they are usually better prepared than teams from other parts of the state come tournament time.  

19 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

TK has been coming on strong lately. 

Bloomington North was his best game of the season.  I think he finished with a line of 35/10/7.   He has struggled from 3 point range this season.  Made 2-4 against Bloomington North, but was 0-6 the night before.  Only 22% on the year.

He also broke Steve Green's school career scoring record on Saturday night.  The record had stood since 1971, and Green's mark will be passed again in the next few games as Kooper Jacobi is only about 50-60 behind Green himself.  Strange to have a record last 50 years and get broken twice within a 2-3 week time-frame.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Bloomington North was his best game of the season.  I think he finished with a line of 35/10/7.   He has struggled from 3 point range this season.  Made 2-4 against Bloomington North, but was 0-6 the night before.  Only 22% on the year.

He also broke Steve Green's school career scoring record on Saturday night.  The record had stood since 1971, and Green's mark will be passed again in the next few games as Kooper Jacobi is only about 50-60 behind Green himself.  Strange to have a record last 50 years and get broken twice within a 2-3 week time-frame.  

That is pretty crazy. Have Jacobi and TK both played varsity the same number of years?

12 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That is pretty crazy. Have Jacobi and TK both played varsity the same number of years?

Yes.  They both have been on varsity since their freshmen years.  They both came off the bench most of the season, and even played a little JV here and there.  SC had a good, veteran team that year, so there was no reason to rush them.  Trey missed the first 5-6 games of that season with a broken wrist.

Trey averaged 7 ppg as a freshman and Kooper about 6.5.

As sophomores, they were about the same as well.  I think Trey was just short of 15 and Kooper just short of 14.

This year Kooper is actually averaging more.  26.4 to Trey's 24.6.

Trey built his lead last season  25.8 to Kooper's 17.3

53 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yes.  They both have been on varsity since their freshmen years.  They both came off the bench most of the season, and even played a little JV here and there.  SC had a good, veteran team that year, so there was no reason to rush them.  Trey missed the first 5-6 games of that season with a broken wrist.

Trey averaged 7 ppg as a freshman and Kooper about 6.5.

As sophomores, they were about the same as well.  I think Trey was just short of 15 and Kooper just short of 14.

This year Kooper is actually averaging more.  26.4 to Trey's 24.6.

Trey built his lead last season  25.8 to Kooper's 17.3

Do you think Jacobi should’ve gotten better offers than MAC?

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Do you think Jacobi should’ve gotten better offers than MAC?

He could could definitely play at larger schools, and he has a work ethic that is in the 99th percentile.  That said, I don't have a problem with him going to the MAC.  I think he will be a star at that level, and would not be surprised at all to see him become a grad transfer to a Power 5 school down the road.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 11:04 AM, Stlboiler23 said:

Locally it would be FW Carroll.

It sure as hell ain't Warsaw!