High School Hoops '20-'21

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Today at 5:30 n Indy channel 81 om Xfinity is showing the LN and Homestead game.

Homestead is up 29-19 at the half.  The Loyer kid for Homestead is a very good shooter.  I have seen LN 3 times and they have come from double digits down in every game I have seen.

Edited by IU Scott

I think we were discussing this in another thread, but does anyone else find themselves annoyed at the emerging trend of coaches calling timeouts after their teams score? I saw it happen twice in the fourth quarter of a game last night by a team that was ahead. It just smacks of micro-managing and kills the flow of the game. 

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I think we were discussing this in another thread, but does anyone else find themselves annoyed at the emerging trend of coaches calling timeouts after their teams score? I saw it happen twice in the fourth quarter of a game last night by a team that was ahead. It just smacks of micro-managing and kills the flow of the game. 

Agreed.  See it all the time anymore.  

53 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Not a particularly good last few days for the Top 5 in 3A.  #3 Silver Creek lost Friday, #1 Heritage Hills lost Saturday, and now #5 Leo has lost.    

I think Peru lost as well?  My 'Cats got the Tigers this coming week end.  Peru joined Whitko's conference a few years back along with Maconaquah.  The TRC(Three Rivers Conference) used to be a small school powerhouse.  Not so much these last few years.

On 1/23/2021 at 6:03 PM, IU Scott said:

Homestead is up 29-19 at the half.  The Loyer kid for Homestead is a very good shooter.  I have seen LN 3 times and they have come from double digits down in every game I have seen.

I think Loyer is one of those kids that we are going to hate to have to play against. 

• Like 1

I got to say that Coach Benedict has done wonders with my alma mater.  The 'Cats improve to 10-3 with a win last night.  Whitko has lost 3 games by a total of 7 points.

Lost by 3 to 4A Columbia City

Lost by 2 to 4A Plymouth

Lost by 2 to 2A Rochester(conference game)

Just maybe my Wildcats are getting back to their former glory.

• Like 2

On 1/28/2021 at 9:01 AM, rico said:

I got to say that Coach Benedict has done wonders with my alma mater.  The 'Cats improve to 10-3 with a win last night.  Whitko has lost 3 games by a total of 7 points.

Lost by 3 to 4A Columbia City

Lost by 2 to 4A Plymouth

Lost by 2 to 2A Rochester(conference game)

Just maybe my Wildcats are getting back to their former glory.

Southern Wells has a couple players who transferred from Whitko. Any idea why those kids left? Seemed like a strange move to make. 

Silver Creek struggling against a much smaller, but quicker Madison team tonight. Kaufman is having a hard time as well.... not sure about points, but he isn’t scoring much. I think he’s grown a little wider, but he could get bullied his freshman year. Seems to be getting beat to his spot on both sides of the court tonight. 

4 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Silver Creek struggling against a much smaller, but quicker Madison team tonight. Kaufman is having a hard time as well.... not sure about points, but he isn’t scoring much. I think he’s grown a little wider, but he could get bullied his freshman year. Seems to be getting beat to his spot on both sides of the court tonight. 

Branden Norther, Silver Creek's point guard is out tonight.  Not sure why.  He's on the bench in street clothes, so it's not Covid related.  

That said, there is something wrong with Silver Creek this season.  They are sloppy with the ball and are not solid at all on the defensive end.  They may not win sectional. let alone state, which is what everyone expected of them before the season.  

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Branden Norther, Silver Creek's point guard is out tonight.  Not sure why.  He's on the bench in street clothes, so it's not Covid related.  

That said, there is something wrong with Silver Creek this season.  They are sloppy with the ball and are not solid at all on the defensive end.  They may not win sectional. let alone state, which is what everyone expected of them before the season.  

Not having Northern hurts for sure. I haven’t heard why, but I’ll have to check with his dad later. The Dragons pulled ahead, but it’s a nail biter, and might come down to the end of the game. Kaufman looks better thus far in the second half. The Cubs have some quick perimeter players that can shoot and get to the rim. The Dragons might be better off going to a zone. 

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Silver Creek wins by 13.  Sherron has things looking up in Madison though.

The Cubs lose quite a bit after the season, but you’ll have that with six seniors. Their 8th grade class is pretty solid and should be decent in a couple of years. They’ll return a couple of kids that have got some big minutes, next season. The Dragons ended up being too much in the last period.