High School Hoops '20-'21

Has anyone seen any games where an officiating crew couldn't decide if it should be a blocking foul or a charge, and in the time it takes them to decide on a blocking foul, they completely forget that the player who drew the foul made the shot? I've seen it happen 3 times now. All three times, each of the three refs had no idea the shot went in. I complimented a ref earlier, so now I'm entitled to give them hell about something. lol

7 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Has anyone seen any games where an officiating crew couldn't decide if it should be a blocking foul or a charge, and in the time it takes them to decide on a blocking foul, they completely forget that the player who drew the foul made the shot? I've seen it happen 3 times now. All three times, each of the three refs had no idea the shot went in. I complimented a ref earlier, so now I'm entitled to give them hell about something. lol

Did the coach of the team who made the shot remind them?  I think I've seen it once, but the coach was all over it.  The refs covered their arse by saying it was on the floor.  

On 2/7/2021 at 8:04 AM, 5fouls said:

Did the coach of the team who made the shot remind them?  I think I've seen it once, but the coach was all over it.  The refs covered their arse by saying it was on the floor.  

He did, and their bench went crazy. The refs just shrugged and looked at each other. None of them saw it go in. It took the coach of the other team telling them it went in for them to count it. 

32 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

#1 Silver Creek opens up as 4 point favorite against #4 Memorial in a regional showdown 

Common Opponents

• Silver Creek beat New Albany by 39.  Memorial beat them by 26
  • Silver Creek beat Heritage Hills by 21.  Memorial beat them twice.  By 28 and 30.

Silver Creek with a slight  'home court' advantage because Charlestown is a conference foe, and we also played the sectional there in the past.  This year was supposed to be there, but was moved because of Covid.

Memorial, however, owns the all-time series advantage 3-0, with the last matchup being in 2015.  

Edited by 5fouls

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Common Opponents

• Silver Creek beat New Albany by 39.  Memorial beat them by 26
  • Silver Creek beat Heritage Hills by 21.  Memorial beat them twice.  By 28 and 30.

Silver Creek with a slight  'home court' advantage because Charlestown is a conference foe, and we also played the sectional there in the past.  This year was supposed to be there, but was moved because of Covid.

Memorial, however, owns the all-time series advantage 3-0, with the last matchup being in 2015.  

SC is a well rounded squad from what I have heard, I’m thinking it will be a squeaky win for any of the teams. 

Memorial Stats: 

Points Per game 60.4
Field Goal Percentage 42
Rebounds Per Game 30.3
Assists Per Game 14.6
Steals Per Game 15.7
Blocks Per Game 2.5

shooting roughly ~30% from the 3 from the season, however, ~42% in the playoffs 

Players to watch: 

Anslinger 

Mattingly ~45% from 3

Lensing 

Warren 

Kelley

Bordfield ~50% from 3

Murphy 

22 minutes ago, rico said:

4A Huntington North takes on my 'Cats tonight.  

One I will be curious about however is Blackhawk/Snider.

I would expect Blackhawk to take care of business in that one.

Silver Creek boys playing at Floyd Central tonight.  Looking for more consistent play.  This one and a recently picked up game against Plainfield are the last significant challenges before the tournament.  

On 1/29/2021 at 9:22 PM, 5fouls said:

@Danomatic  With Madison dropping out of the Hoosier Hills conference, do you ultimately see them trying to get into the Mid-Southern or another conference?

Sorry, I’ve been away for a bit, but I’m really uncertain. I heard that there was a possibility that they might essentially swap with Silver Creek, but nothing concrete. I’m pretty disappointed in the move myself. We always took great pride in beating the bigger schools, in all sports, when I attended. Winning records in football. Back to back final four state finishes in basketball. Also, nearly back to back state titles in baseball, winning one. To me, lowering the bar for lesser competition is irritating.