High School Hoops '20-'21

Well it has been a good year for Whitko.  16 wins is the most in 10 years.  Coach Benedict has them going in the right direction.  Be nice to get #17 over Blackhawk but it realistically ain't in the cards.

GO 'Cats

image.jpeg.9b3d911efe5a990215c6b1d2f7fe8c4e.jpeg

Edited by rico

8 hours ago, rico said:

Well it has been a good year for Whitko.  16 wins is the most in 10 years.  Coach Benedict has them going in the right direction.  Be nice to get #17 over Blackhawk but it realistically ain't in the cards.

GO 'Cats

Saw where Blackhawk coach has been diagnosed with cancer and it apparently has spread to his lungs .  

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, rico said:

GO 'Cats

I’m sure pulling for ya 😂 ...are you there / do you have any score updates ?

SC comes back from down 6 midway through the 4th to score the last 9 points and beat #8 ranked North Harrison 44-41.

This game scared me as much as any possible matchup SC could have until the State Championship.  North Harrison is very big and very well-coached.  Hopefully, SC realizes they can't take it for granted that they will get back to Indy.  

That said, some unfortunate officiating had a huge influence on the game.  SC's best perimeter defender was called for 3 touch fouls within a span of a couple of minutes in the first half. 

And, then, after SC took a 6 point lead into halftime, 3 fouls were called on Kaufman in less than 90 seconds at the start of the 2nd half.  He already had 1 at half, so he had to sit with 4 for an extended period.  The calls on Kaufman were ridiculous, and may have been in part because he was very demonstrative in his disagreement with each of them. 

The two teams would have played a great game without the officials intervening so much.    

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Horrible news for anyone certainly hope he’s ok...if I’m not mistaken doesn’t he have a boy on the team ...Are you gonna post SC updates in-game ? Good luck tonight !

Sorry.  Could not break away to post in-game.  Just way too tense.  I don't know a lot about the 3A teams from the north part of the state, but I think North Harrison could be our toughest matchup from down South.   

49 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

SC comes back from down 6 midway through the 4th to score the last 9 points and beat #8 ranked North Harrison 44-41.

This game scared me as much as any possible matchup SC could have until the State Championship.  North Harrison is very big and very well-coached.  Hopefully, SC realizes they can't take it for granted that they will get back to Indy.  

That said, some unfortunate officiating had a huge influence on the game.  SC's best perimeter defender was called for 3 touch fouls within a span of a couple of minutes in the first half. 

And, then, after SC took a 6 point lead into halftime, 3 fouls were called on Kaufman in less than 90 seconds at the start of the 2nd half.  He already had 1 at half, so he had to sit with 4 for an extended period.  The calls on Kaufman were ridiculous, and may have been in part because he was very demonstrative in his disagreement with each of them. 

The two teams would have played a great game without the officials intervening so much.    

Do you know TK’s stat line?

12 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Do you know TK’s stat line?

He had 17 points.  I think 12 were in the first half.  He hit a huge 3 when SC was down 6 in the 4th, and then hit two FTs right after that.  Kooper Jacobi had the go ahead basket on an offensive board off a missed FT, and then hit the 2 FTs to put them up by 3.

As far as boards, I know TK had 8 midway through the 2nd quarter.  Not sure what he ended up with, but the foul trouble really slowed him down.  North Harrison was very physical with him and that seemed to effect him as well.  In addition to the fouls, which were ridiculous, he was called for 3 travels in the first half that were not travels.  One was a straight drive to the hoop that resulted in a travel call.  Wasn't even close to a Euro-Step,  let alone a travel. 

It was just a poorly officiated game that really hurt both teams in the long run.   This was far and away the most frustrated I have seen TK with the officiating in his 4 year career. 

In the end, it probably was a good thing for SC.  They have been inconsistent all season, partly due to injuries.  They have been playing better as of late, but tonight's performance shows them they can get beat if they don't bring their A-game.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Thanks 1

Heritage Hills over Evv Bosse 62-51. UE signee Blake Sisley went for 40 pts and 13 rbs in the win. He'll be a solid player for the Aces. I remember last year HH had Silver Creek on the ropes at the HOF Classic before missing free throws a TO in the last minute allowed Silver Creek to get it into overtime.

7 minutes ago, WI_Hoosier said:

Heritage Hills over Evv Bosse 62-51. UE signee Blake Sisley went for 40 pts and 13 rbs in the win. He'll be a solid player for the Aces. I remember last year HH had Silver Creek on the ropes at the HOF Classic before missing free throws a TO in the last minute allowed Silver Creek to get it into overtime.

Yep.  Heritage Hills was the better team that day, but the ball just bounced SCs way in the end.  Was really looking forward to their matchup in the Regional last season before Covid hit.  Maybe we'll get a second chance to see that Regional matchup this year.  

Beating Bosse twice in a season is big for Heritage Hills.  Bosse has always seemed to be their nemesis.

• Like 1