High School Hoops '20-'21

2 hours ago, rico said:

@5foulsas you are following 3A close.

Leo barely got by Luers last night.  I dont know if they survive Dwenger tonight.

And I got to see St. Joe and Marian a little bit last night on TV.  The Indians have the Notre Dame kid(6-7) and another kid that is 6-5 as their second leading scorer.  The ND recruit prefers to bomb from the outside and has a great stroke.  The announcers said that Glenn would give them a game tonight.

A couple of side notes I heard on the broadcast...Last night was the 1st time that JR Kacinsky(ND recruit) had ever beaten Marian.  He was 0-7 going into last night.  Also JR is knocking on the door of becoming Saint Joseph County's(South Bend) all-time scorer.  The guy that is #1?  Damezi Anderson.

JR's sister and my daughter played on the same AAU team. We spent a lot of time with them over the years,  traveling the country.   JR and his family a great people. I wish IU would have pushed for him, but when ND offered, I knew it was over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Alford1987 said:

Blackhawk is where the bar is up North. Not sure anyone up North could touch them outside of 6A Homestead.

Unfortunately you may be right ( 2A schools at least ) ...Winchester might have hung around just because they match up well but the other good teams lack the size or depth ....shanandoah is in the south bracket but aren’t much south of us they played them very well and could have won 

27 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Small private schools that somehow have 4A talent usually aren't well-liked by most fans of high school basketball. 

Well that’s fair I suppose ....I’m an advocate for any school that charges tuition and is able to recruit and or provide financial discount for athletics having to play 4A

16 minutes ago, Alford1987 said:

Sorry to break the news, but there are just as many public schools that recruit. It goes both ways. 

Not really ...yes open eligibility outside district has created questionable transfers but it’s nowhere near the same ...and again I like  fwbc coach and their players ( would love them if they were still 1A 😂) ...I just understand the point....don’t get me wrong some Public schools have pulled through at the 1 and 2 level but combined between the divisions there is a definite Lean towards private school success 

Edited by IU/Butler/Notre Dame

4 minutes ago, Alford1987 said:

If any of you follow Bounce on Twitter he took issue with this matter and politely mentioned the Luers recruits the least of the FW schools, both public and private.

He can take issue all he wants ....luke brown moving to Blackford as an 8th grader or curt hopf going from Forrest park to barr Reeve certainly makes a massive difference to each respective program as an example .....but there is no comparison to the small private schools in or surrounding Fort Wayne , Indy , and northwest indiana .....when you can pull high level talent from not just five schools but possibly dozens of schools and incentivize it by providing an education that lends to college admission that isn’t a level playing field 

Edited by IU/Butler/Notre Dame

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

WNDY tv schedule here in Indy market says high school basketball on tonight at 730-930. Wish there was a way to find out which game they'll broadcast. Hopefully Carmel/Westfield but that game starts at 7.

I think Greg Rakestraw does the broadcast and his twitter says North Central and Lawrence North.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Silver Creek taking on Madison tonight.  Madison is coached by former Hoosier Sherron Wilkerson.  Second year on a row that these two schools have met in the Sectional Championship.  

Keep us posted! Sherron slept on my couch numerous times. Always wish that guy well!

Edited by Seeking6

Carmel flexes and stretches this thing out vs Westfield. Was 13 now up to 23 entering the 4th. I like Braden Smith but again....I can see why some coaches are hesitant. He's got 16 of their 21....but watching LN vs NC on TV I'm not sure how he'd handle the length/strength of better competition. 

LN up 9. Gunn looks smooth and confident to me guys....seems to also not have a problem with the 13 footer instead of jacking from 23.

35 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Keep us posted! Sherron slept on my couch numerous times. Always wish that guy well!

Did not get to really watch the stream.  Had some other things going on and missed 95% of the game.  I do know Silver Creek won 73-61.  Hopefully will get to watch the stream tonight.  

• Like 1