High School Hoops '20-'21

2 hours ago, rico said:

How so?

The style of basketball the teams play. If both games go over 65 points, then I’ll take Homestead and riley to win. Homesteads closest games were against the Indy area teams, and the comparative teams played between Carmel and Homestead makes this one really interesting to see which style wins out. Carmel is just fundamentally sound, and i don’t know much about the fundamentals and discipline of Homestead, so that one really interests me.

Valpo plays a boring brand of basketball, and they could easily frustrate Riley. Wesley will have to have a big game to get by Valpo, and that’s mostly because you really can’t trust who else will step up for them, and playing against the style of Valpo makes me think the the other Riley players won’t like that slow style.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2021 at 11:07 AM, 5fouls said:

I'll be rooting for Dwenger.  My son and I have had a sectional pick contest the last 4 years, where we try to pick the winner of each of the 64 sectionals.  Whoever gets the most right wins.  He has Leo and I have Dwenger.  Oh, and the young pup has not beat the old man in the contest yet.

I hate to pile on to the young pup, but dad wins the sectional pick'em contest yet again.

Posterizing Dunks (@PosterizingDunk) | Twitter

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Alford1987 said:

Private school Blackhawk is definitely special for a 2A club. However, busco does not have a typical public school roster either. This could be closer than ppl realize. Blackhawk by 6.

'Busco and Blackhawk have had common opponents.  Cross referencing said match-ups = easy win for Blackhawk.  That being said, I hope the Eagles pull off the upset.  

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 6:21 PM, Alford1987 said:

Private school Blackhawk is definitely special for a 2A club. However, busco does not have a typical public school roster either. This could be closer than ppl realize. Blackhawk by 6.

That prediction alone will make me follow it anywhere I can find it broadcast ....they play the noon game right ? Should be able to catch it after Blackford or if they are at the same time and lapel has good reception that works too 

41 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Common opponents can be a tricky thing 

In some cases, but I don't think so in this one.  I really hope the stars align for 'Busco to pull it off and prove me wrong.

BTW, how is is that Churubusco is "Turtle Town" and an Eagle is their high school's mascot?

Edit:  For your reading pleasure on the "Busco Beast"

https://www.midwestguest.com/2012/07/the-mystery-of-turtle-town-usa-churubusco-indiana.html#:~:text=Oscar the turtle made his,to peacefully enjoy the lake.

Edited by rico
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

In some cases, but I don't think so in this one.  I really hope the stars align for 'Busco to pull it off and prove me wrong.

BTW, how is is that Churubusco is "Turtle Town" and an Eagle is their high school's mascot?

Edit:  For your reading pleasure on the "Busco Beast"

https://www.midwestguest.com/2012/07/the-mystery-of-turtle-town-usa-churubusco-indiana.html#:~:text=Oscar the turtle made his,to peacefully enjoy the lake.

Sounds more like Tooter the Turtle...and Mr. Wizard.  Drizzle drazzle drizzle drome, time for this one to come home.   😋