High School Hoops '20-'21

34 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Good luck to all players today glad they are getting to move forward after what happened last year !  Everyone enjoy the action and be safe ! IU being what it is we need high school action more than ever !

Nothing like 930am tipoffs! Should be a great day of hoops. Want to keep an eye on Carmel/Homestead.

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If anyone gets a chance to watch I'd love a recap of what Fletcher Loyer (Purdue) and Luke Goode (Illinois) look like vs Carmel. To me Loyer seems much better of the two but since I haven't watched them play vs Indy area competition I have nothing to base their games off of.

From what I’ve gathered (both today and throughout the season), Loyer is just a better all-around player. Better shooter, better passer, and has been the best player on that team this year. Goode has had some really good games but also some duds. Loyer is much more consistent. Hope that helps. Sounds like through the first half today, Goode has looked bad trying to play hero ball. Carmel up 8 at the half. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

From what I’ve gathered (both today and throughout the season), Loyer is just a better all-around player. Better shooter, better passer, and has been the best player on that team this year. Goode has had some really good games but also some duds. Loyer is much more consistent. Hope that helps. 

That's been my social media impression....but haven't watched them until today. Glad WNDY is covering. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

From what I’ve gathered (both today and throughout the season), Loyer is just a better all-around player. Better shooter, better passer, and has been the best player on that team this year. Goode has had some really good games but also some duds. Loyer is much more consistent. Hope that helps. Sounds like through the first half today, Goode has looked bad trying to play hero ball. Carmel up 8 at the half. 

Fairly consistent with how they breakdown. I’m not shocked that they’re in trouble. Homestead is really good, but they’ve relied on Lady Luck more than a few times to get by vs good competition.

7 minutes ago, Alford1987 said:

Fairly consistent with how they breakdown. I’m not shocked that they’re in trouble. Homestead is really good, but they’ve relied on Lady Luck more than a few times to get by vs good competition.

I'm watching 2 very good teams with what appears to be at least 4 next level guys playing. Smart heady play for both Homestead and Carmel. Feels like Carmel has just a tad more but who knows with Loyer. Kid is a player.

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm watching 2 very good teams with what appears to be at least 4 next level guys playing. Smart heady play for both Homestead and Carmel. Feels like Carmel has just a tad more but who knows with Loyer. Kid is a player.

I’m so pumped for Loyer. People were trying to compare him to his brother and they’re not remotely comparable as players lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Carmel wins 60-49. Much closer than score suggests. Carmel just had a bit more size and players...but to their credit they made shots and free throws. What a novel concept.

Loyer looks like a player. I think Goode will be ok at Illinois. Maybe a spot shooter type.

Think it’s a weird fit at Illinois tbh. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Think it’s a weird fit at Illinois tbh. 

Very. He's the type of kid that could flourish as a shooter.....or the type of kid that doesn't see the court and transfers after a year. I think that commitment was more about Underwood trying to get an Indiana kid vs the right type of kid.

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Very. He's the type of kid that could flourish as a shooter.....or the type of kid that doesn't see the court and transfers after a year. I think that commitment was more about Underwood trying to get an Indiana kid vs the right type of kid.

Spot on. I think it’s a case of 2 things.

Underwear wanting him for the sake of having an “Indiana kid.” 

Goode was likely tired of waiting on IU and PU to offer and took the first B1G team to offer.

He does not fit the illannoy style of play whatsoever. Almost a guaranteed transfer. Probably best suited for Butler, Wisconsin, or Iowa from a system’s perspective.

Edited by Alford1987
  • Like 2

On 3/7/2021 at 8:50 AM, rico said:

How so?

Valpo played their brand of basketball against Riley in the MC regional. Riley matched their pace perfectly. S.B.Riley won 44-36(they held Wesley to 14 points under his average with him only scoring 14) That puts them against the winner of Gary west side or Elkhart. I just found out this week that Gary West not only has the 6’10” top player, but they also have that 6’9” player(not sure if he’s back from his injury though.

on a side note, the S.B. St. Joe kid surpassed Dameezi today for the county scoring record.