High School Hoops '20-'21

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Tie game Laf Jeff vs Carmel with Jeff getting a free throw. 1:48 to play and I have no doubt Carmel is the better team...but sometimes the best doesn't win. 

Carmel 50-49 final

Carmel git a couple of breaks.  Jeff up 1 missed the front end of 1-1 and Jeff was called for a foul with 17 seconds left that looked like a jump ball and Carmel hits both free throws.

• Like 1

Silver Creek wins a slugfest 31-30.  Connersville had the blueprint for beating SC with the tempo.  And, SC missed some big free throws down the stretch, but as Connersville was holding for a last shot at the end of the game, SC deflected the ball with 2 seconds left and Connersville never got off a shot.

• Like 2

Just now, 5fouls said:

Silver Creek wins a slugfest 31-30.  Connersville had the blueprint for beating SC with the tempo.  And, SC missed some big free throws down the stretch, but as Connersville was holding for a last shot at the end of the game, SC deflected the ball with 2 seconds left and Connersville never got off a shot.

Forgot they were playing because I figured you were watching Montana St playing right now

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Just saw where someone mentioned SC was up 31-26 with 6 minutes left.  So, SC did not score that last 6 minutes and Connersville scored 4.  That was a tough game to enjoy even with the victory.

It seems like Connersville has always played slow down game.  Remember watching New Castle in Steve's senior year playing them in semi St. final and Basil Mawby slowed the game down and won

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It seems like Connersville has always played slow down game.  Remember watching New Castle in Steve's senior year playing them in semi St. final and Basil Mawby slowed the game down and won

Having graduate from CHS in 1982, and played against Steve prior to the '83 championship year, we most certainly didn't slow it down against New Castle. In that '83, we won 70-57 with Steve scoring 37. They had nothing else. As a side note, I believe Steve said that if they placed us 10 times, they'd win 7. I guess that would mean they would win the next seven, since he lost all three times we played him, and wore them out every game.

• Like 3

Just now, HoosierBrit64 said:

Having graduated from CHS in 1982, and played against Steve prior to the '83 championship year, we most certainly didn't slow it down against New Castle. In that '83 game, we won 70-57 with Steve scoring 37. They had nothing else. As a side note, I believe Steve said that if they played us 10 times, they'd win 7. I guess that would mean they would win the next seven, since he lost all three times we played him, and wore them out every game.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow. Carmel wins by 1 over Lafayette Jeff 50-49. LJ gave the ball to Barnhizer and just didn't finish finding a teammate. Really, really good game.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Carmel 50-49 final

Carmel git a couple of breaks.  Jeff up 1 missed the front end of 1-1 and Jeff was called for a foul with 17 seconds left that looked like a jump ball and Carmel hits both free throws.

Brooks barnhizer had One of the  best seasons I can remember ....I think he finished 2 or 3 behind brown for the scoring title but brown gets one more game.  Unless the kid from kouts ( wireman ) really fills it up that makes brown second in state history to lead the state 3 years ( the other being Marion pierce )

• Like 1