High School Hoops '20-'21

15 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Guys I’m doing a little homework ....found Thomas and Langford both under 400 assists ....Marion Pierce didn’t have assists as a kept statistic .....anyone know Damon baileys high school assist total for career or by year 

Quite a bit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

1) Furst

2) Kaufman 

3) Barnhizer

4) Brown

5) ?

Those are the Top 4.  But, the winner will be either Kaufman or Brown.  When the race is this tight, public school players will have an advantage.   That hurts Furst.  Plus, from a geographical perspective, Brown will take votes that otherwise might have went to Furst.

In normal situations, I think Kaufman would win big in the South and take it because all of the other contenders would be splitting the vote in the North.  That said, I think Brown has a legitimate shot. 

His career numbers and his impact on Blackford's program are hard to ignore.  He's the 4th leading scorer in Indiana high school basketball history.  Would have easily been #2 if not for Covid, and would have likely been #1 if not for a couple of injuries. 

Blackford's record in the 3 seasons before he got there was 1-69.  No, that is not a misprint.  With Brown on the team, they were 77-25.  That is the definition of making a difference.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

1) Furst

2) Kaufman 

3) Barnhizer

4) Brown

5) ?

10 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Is there one Mr. Basketball or do they award one for each class? My vote would go for Luke Brown. The young man did more with less than any player in the state. 

9 hours ago, rico said:

You forgot the kids from South Bend.

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

He listed the top 4 candidates.  Not to discount Wesley or Korcyzblahblah, but the 4 he listed will be the top 4 vote getters.  I think there will be a different order, but those are the Top 4.

Agreed those will be the top four but if I’m VOTING it’s :

1. Brown

2. Barnhizer

3. Kaufman 

4. Furst 

5. koniczney ( took his team farther than Wesley )

if I’m BETTING it’s:

1. Kaufman 

2. Furst 

( 1 and 2 are interchangeable if one wins the championship and the other doesnt )

3. Brown

4. Barnhizer 

( brown and barnhizer will be close brown had the best career of the Bunch and barnhizer had the best season )

5. Avance if Lawrence north wins , koniczney if they don’t 

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Those are the Top 4.  But, the winner will be either Kaufman or Brown.  When the race is this tight, public school players will have an advantage.   That hurts Furst.  Plus, from a geographical perspective, Brown will take votes that otherwise might have went to Furst.

In normal situations, I think Kaufman would win big in the South and take it because all of the other contenders would be splitting the vote in the North.  That said, I think Brown has a legitimate shot. 

His career numbers and his impact on Blackford's program are hard to ignore.  He's the 4th leading scorer in Indiana high school basketball history.  Would have easily been #2 if not for Covid, and would have likely been #1 if not for a couple of injuries. 

Blackford's record in the 3 seasons before he got there was 1-69.  No, that is not a misprint.  With Brown on the team, they were 77-25.  That is the definition of making a difference.

Cmon now ! Stealing my material ?!.....lol those are fine points and I tend to agree with you but Luke’s small school detractors are going to cost him votes.  This is a funny year because honestly there is a strong argument for all four...extremely strong.  Whoever wins will be very hard to argue didn’t deserve it.  If you go with career and individual performance/ importance to his team it’s brown , best senior year your vote has to be barnhizer and , versatile unstoppable kids going to in-state high major programs with multiple championships you can almost take your pick with Kaufman and Furst.  From what I understand all four are extremely solid people off the court too so congrats to the whole group.  Cant wait to watch the all star team 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, rico said:

No Luke Goode?

Goode's biggest impact will be taking votes away from Furst.

I truly think this might be the year a small school could pull it off.  Brown's overall career is going to resonate with voters that normally would vote for a big school player.

That said, with 880 students, an argument could be that Silver Creek is small when compared to most of the 4A schools, so Kaufman could keep some of that vote.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Goode's biggest impact will be taking votes away from Furst.

I truly think this might be the year a small school could pull it off.  Brown's overall career is going to resonate with voters that normally would vote for a big school player.

That said, with 880 students, an argument could be that Silver Creek is small when compared to most of the 4A schools, so Kaufman could keep some of that vote.

I would have never guessed that Warsaw was so much bigger than Silver Creek.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Getting ready to go to the state finals.  My brothers company has a suite at Bankers Life and we get to use them for the first 3 games.

Heavy favorites in each of the first 3 games.  Will be interesting to see if any of the underdogs can hang in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Getting ready to go to the state finals.  My brothers company has a suite at Bankers Life and we get to use them for the first 3 games.

Have a great time and enjoy! Hard to believe this will LN's first title game since 2006. Would be a nice touch from CBS while showing the Final 4 games they did some look in shots from BLF.

• Like 2

So if you don't have cable or pay tv, you can't watch?  That kind of sucks.  I tried to watch some of the games a couple of weeks ago on the IHSAA roku app, but now you have to pay a subscription (smh).  For taxpayer funded activities that they pay considerable money to advertise on tv and radio, they don't do much to encourage maximum exposure.

48 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

So if you don't have cable or pay tv, you can't watch?  That kind of sucks.  I tried to watch some of the games a couple of weeks ago on the IHSAA roku app, but now you have to pay a subscription (smh).  For taxpayer funded activities that they pay considerable money to advertise on tv and radio, they don't do much to encourage maximum exposure.

I am watching it on regular TV.  Channel 46 out of South Bend/Elkhart.  

• Like 1