High School Hoops '20-'21

3 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

It’s free on Ihsaatv.org as well

I didn't even think to try it via the website (doh!).  I've watched via the IHSAA roku app for a number of years.  I have no idea why the regional games required registration and payment via the app a couple of weeks ago.  Perhaps it was because of whoever was supplying the feed?

9 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I didn't even think to try it via the website (doh!).  I've watched via the IHSAA roku app for a number of years.  I have no idea why the regional games required registration and payment via the app a couple of weeks ago.  Perhaps it was because of whoever was supplying the feed?

I think based on crowd limits they were trying to recoup as much money as possible 

Final Blackhawk wins 55-40 and Furst ended up with 20 points and 6 rebs.  He took over in the second half.  The only thing was the guy he was guarding was 6'4 and he ended up with 19 points.  First is going to be good but he won't be able to guard the big guys learn n the big ten right now

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Final Blackhawk wins 55-40 and Furst ended up with 20 points and 6 rebs.  He took over in the second half.  The only thing was the guy he was guarding was 6'4 and he ended up with 19 points.  First is going to be good but he won't be able to guard the big guys learn n the big ten right now

He won’t be able to guard what? Didn’t understand your last sentence. 

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I agree as he sits ....he appears to be a hard worker though and he’s very nimble for his size I think if he buys into their strength program he’ll get acclimated his freshman year and then be a thorn in our side the last 3 years 

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I don't see a path for Furst to get it.  Too much competition in his neck of the woods and his statewide appeal does not seem to be as strong as Brown's or Kaufman's.  Honestly, Brown's chances may be based in part to how Kaufman does today.  If Kaufman goes off for 40 and dominates, he picks up some extra votes.  If he scores 17 in a low scoring game, that helps Brown..

I will say this.  I don't think anyone down South will vote for Furst.  Most people see Kaufman and Furst as equals, and Kaufman wins the South based on geography.  Meanwhile, Furst is splitting the votes in the North with a lot of other players.  Furst has nothing that Kaufman doesn't provide as well.  Brown, however, is a different story.  His story/appeal is totally different than the two big guys.  I think he gets some votes in all areas of the state.

Good luck to your dragons !

Great ending with Silver Creek winning 50-49 Forgot the clock doesn't stop in the last minute of the game in high school after a made shot.   So much for the theory of Indiana kids being great shooters because the shooting today was not great.  In this game SC shot 34 percent and Leo shot 28 percent.  Kaufman had 13 and 10 but Jacobi was the best player on the floor with 16 and 16

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

I won't lie.  The last two Silver Creek teams were better than this one.  Everyone thought this one would be the best, but it just never came together.  They shot the ball much better than this team.  This team was prone to sloppy play as well.  

Kooper Jacobi is a baller, and don't be surprised if he grad transfers from Toledo to a bigger school down the road.   

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I won't lie.  The last two Silver Creek teams were better than this one.  Everyone thought this one would be the best, but it just never came together.  They shot the ball much better than this team.  This team was prone to sloppy play as well.  

Kooper Jacobi is a baller, and don't be surprised if he grad transfers from Toledo to a bigger school down the road.   

I was hoping he would end up at ISU or something but agree. Kid has fire.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He really really impressed me today ....at the south port tournament I thought he had the highest motor but today he looked like he has that unique will to win .....what was up with trey ?

52 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Great ending with Silver Creek winning 50-49 Forgot the clock doesn't stop in the last minute of the game in high school after a made shot.   So much for the theory of Indiana kids being great shooters because the shooting today was not great.  In this game SC shot 34 percent and Leo shot 28 percent.  Kaufman had 13 and 10 but Jacobi was the best player on the floor with 16 and 16

I have to think the bankers life backdrops and second line played at least a small part ....I’ve played at bankers life with my buddies/MEns league once per year the last 4 years ( five years but 4 times cause of covid ).    I still shoot well and it’s noticeably more difficult playing there , that has been my experience at least 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I'd love to know why this rule exists and why anyone would think it's a good rule. 

They just haven't gotten around to changing it. It was like that in college basketball until earlier '90s. IU played a part in the NCAA changing that, iirc.

It's been a long time so I don't remember all the details but from what I can recall is that it happened during the NCAAT. IU had the lead in the last minute of a close game when the other team scored. I think the other team was out of timeouts so they couldn't setup the clock themselves. No one caught the ball after it went in so it was rolling on the court. An IU player, I think it was Bailey, slowly walked over to pick it up then slowly walked out of bounds to inbound the ball. The clock was running the whole time and it took a ton of time. The NCAA added the rule to stop the clock after a make in the final minute that summer.

As an IU fan, it was great to watch. I'm sure the other team was pissed.

Edit: Here it is.

https://www.nydailynews.com/bs-xpm-1993-03-22-1993081080-story.html

The rule was indeed changed that summer and went into effect starting in the 1993-1994 season.

http://www.orangehoops.org/NCAA/NCAA Rule Changes.htm

Edited by go_iu_bb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Yep. One game completely debunks that theory lol