High School Hoops '20-'21

12 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Richmond, Muncie, New Castle and one other Sectional winner fed into the New Castle Regional. 

I think the other sectional winner changed some over the years.  I know in 1987 when we won the sectional we played Rushville but don't remember what sectional they came from.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I think the other sectional winner changed some over the years.  I know in 1987 when we won the sectional we played Rushville but don't remember what sectional they came from.

When we played in the 72 Regional it was Union City, Richmond, New Castle and Yorktown. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Trey was probably fortunate he ended up the runner-up.  If it matters.

He won two state championships and would have won a 3rd if it weren't for Covid lol 

He was also IN Gatorade POY as a JR. For the life of me I cannot stand his choice to go to PU outside of the boringness of IU's offense under Archie... but he was much, much closer to 1st than he was to 3rd imo. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He won two state championships and would have won a 3rd if it weren't for Covid lol 

He was also IN Gatorade POY as a JR. For the life of me I cannot stand his choice to go to PU outside of the boringness of IU's offense under Archie... but he was much, much closer to 1st than he was to 3rd imo. 

Not by votes ...it went 73 Furst in a landslide I didn’t expect and then 47 and 40 for Kaufman and brown 

Just now, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

And coaches 

Which coaches voted on this? 

All I'm trying to say is Trey Kaufman doesn't need to feel anymore fortunate to finish 2nd than Furst needs to feel fortunate that there aren't 2 other D1 players on his team. 3 others if you count Roberts that blew his knee early in the season. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Which coaches voted on this? 

All I'm trying to say is Trey Kaufman doesn't need to feel anymore fortunate to finish 2nd than Furst needs to feel fortunate that there aren't 2 other D1 players on his team. 3 others if you count Roberts that blew his knee early in the season. 

There are head coaches around the state that get a vote. I can't remember exactly how it works though so it's not just the media who vote on it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Furst damn near won 4 in a row...and he has been the "man" for all 4 years.  No disrespect to Trey whatsoever.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Furst damn near won 4 in a row...and he has been the "man" for all 4 years.  No disrespect to Trey whatsoever.  

If you want to give it based on 'making a difference' to your team, then Luke Brown should have won it.

It's interesting that both times SC and Blackhawk matched up the last two years, neither Furst nor Kaufman was the best player on their team.  Zane Burke was the main man for Blackhawk in both.  Kooper Jacobi was the main man for Silver Creek, though to be fair to Trey, he missed this season's game with an injury.

I obviously wanted Trey to win, but find it perfectly understandable if any of the Top 4 would have got it.  In many other years, each one would have been a clear front-runner.  

• Like 1