High School Hoops '20-'21

55 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think the state of Indiana will be a little slower in the migration to using it than other states.  At the high school level, I think it helps the girls game more than the boys game.  On the boy side, except for a handful of schools, I don't see that many teams playing a slowdown game.  The low scores we see are more related to poor offensive execution, bad shooting, and a 32 minute game, more than anything else.

What I would like to see is another minute added to each quarter. Getting it up to a 36 minute game should be worth to 6-8 more points per team.  

Poor officiating plays its role as well.

• Like 1

It's an added expense for schools..but generally one I think is worth the investment. During the regular season I haven't heard of many teams using the slow down tactic but come sectional time it usually increases. Don't think it will have a huge overall effect but I'm in favor of avoiding the stall tactic come post-season.

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Poor officiating plays its role as well.

It's a hard job..especially at that level and with the hostility unfortunately a thankless job too. Not sure what could be done to help it...it's more just being consistent with how you are calling a game imo. I'll be honest I know that they have to pass exam to get your license but do they have to take a seminar or anything every other year or anything?? Be nice to require say 2-3 day course (which can be broken up over several evenings) for these guys to get some training every year or two. I know they can't make it too difficult to attend but anything to were these guys after simply passing the rules tests can sit in an environment and watch video etc and have discussion over best application of the rules....anyways just a thought. Even if it is just some of the officials getting extra training it would be nice say to have one lead official required to be specially certified for tournament play or something along those lines. Also be in the schools best interest as it might help them determine the best officials for important or high contested games so as to have the least impact. 

Edited by dgambill

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

All stars take it to The junior all

stars …brown leads team in assists despite middle of the pack minutes.  Zero turnovers and 3-4 from the floor.  

15B87BD6-9BDB-4336-9964-89C60E465D54.jpeg

You mean to tell me Braden Smith didn't dominate this game?  Must have 2 broken legs and a bad shooting wrist.  

CJ Gunn's plus minus is abuse.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

You mean to tell me Braden Smith didn't dominate this game?  Must have 2 broken legs and a bad shooting wrist.  

CJ Gunn's plus minus is abuse.

Rough....Leland Walker looks like he played about as good as anyone there given those stats. I will say....9 turnovers and 11 in an all star game...makes me think this game wasn't being played too hard lol....oh and the score as well lol.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

All stars take it to The junior all

stars …brown leads team in assists despite middle of the pack minutes.  Zero turnovers and 3-4 from the floor.  

15B87BD6-9BDB-4336-9964-89C60E465D54.jpeg

Furst shot more 3's than Brown.....anyone see anything wrong with this picture lol.

38 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Furst shot more 3's than Brown.....anyone see anything wrong with this picture lol.

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not when he played 11 more minutes than Brown lol. 

And the Carmel coach put them through some incredible workouts and is the real deal ….deltas coach is assisting and he addressed the team and said “ in transition the ball needs to touch the paint “ so I think he basically told Luke don’t play Your way if you want on the floor.  6 assists and zero turnovers in fifteen minutes though 🤷🏼‍♂️

28 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

And the Carmel coach put them through some incredible workouts and is the real deal ….deltas coach is assisting and he addressed the team and said “ in transition the ball needs to touch the paint “ so I think he basically told Luke don’t play Your way if you want on the floor.  6 assists and zero turnovers in fifteen minutes though 🤷🏼‍♂️

That's just dumb. It's an all star game. He should play his game....within the confines of the team of course but to tell the kid that has scored more points than any other player in Indiana HS history outside 3 dudes to not play his style of basketball that is just dumb. People I assume come to watch kids do what they do best. Luke is an incredible shooter that can put on a show from any spot on the floor. People didn't pay to watch Caleb Furst jack 3's. I mean it looked like Blackman didn't have problems chucking it lol. Maybe it was just Brown differing I didn't see the game but a kid that scored over 3,000 pts in HS should take more than 4 shots in an exhibition game....especially won played in the 120's. Someone should tell him they paid to watch him shoot.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

That's just dumb. It's an all star game. He should play his game....within the confines of the team of course but to tell the kid that has scored more points than any other player in Indiana HS history outside 3 dudes to not play his style of basketball that is just dumb. People I assume come to watch kids do what they do best. Luke is an incredible shooter that can put on a show from any spot on the floor. People didn't pay to watch Caleb Furst jack 3's. I mean it looked like Blackman didn't have problems chucking it lol. Maybe it was just Brown differing I didn't see the game but a kid that scored over 3,000 pts in HS should take more than 4 shots in an exhibition game....especially won played in the 120's. Someone should tell him they paid to watch him shoot.

I agree !   Is anyone going in Owensboro tonight ? I’m a few minutes away 

• Like 2

1. Indiana by 23 and it was exactly what I expected is this team.  Deep and played solid team ball.  They attacked from top to bottom.  Fun to watch.

2. everyone that doubted how Brown would play against top guys …he started with a notre dame , Illinois , and two Perdue recruits ….played the fourth or fifth most minutes on the team.  Was 7-9 18 points and 4 or 5 assists.  Zero turnovers lead team in scoring.  Two highlight passes.  Was primary ball handler most of the time he was in. Obviously the shot volume isn’t there but he looks like a better player with those studs around him that can dunk or hit shots on the other end of the passes 

Edited by IU/Butler/Notre Dame