High School Hoops '20-'21

9 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Bush-league move by Whitko to offer Chris Benedict's wife a job at their new career academy so he would be inclined to follow. 

Sorry, bitter Bluffton grad here. 

Easy there Wat, my cousin is on the Whitko school board!

12 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Bush-league move by Whitko to offer Chris Benedict's wife a job at their new career academy so he would be inclined to follow. 

Sorry, bitter Bluffton grad here. 

That's a common thing in coaching. All coaches I know who has a wife that teaches make sure their spouse has a position. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

That's a common thing in coaching. All coaches I know who has a wife that teaches make sure their spouse has a position.

Did you read my post past the word job? They hired his wife first, and then made their pitch to him. It's not a case of a coach requesting a job for his wife.

9 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Did you read my post past the word job? They hired his wife first, and then made their pitch to him. It's not a case of a coach requesting a job for his wife.

I did misread but feel its not Bush league. You go get the guy you want and that's what they did. They did what they had to do to make it appealing for him

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I did misread but feel its not Bush league. You go get the guy you want and that's what they did. They did what they had to do to make it appealing for him

Agree. My grandma would say "you don't think they'd do it to you, if they could"... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 2:25 PM, btownqb said:

My Panthers will be strong this year. Next year we should be VERY good. Jennings County 

Coached a team a few years ago, I think in a Bedford tournament, that went up against JC twice.  It was 2023 guys, at the time 6th graders, and I think at least 1 JC kid was 5th.  We had to extend the D to 5 ft beyond the arc way back then and they were still raining 3s left and right.

6 hours ago, Threedom said:

Coached a team a few years ago, I think in a Bedford tournament, that went up against JC twice.  It was 2023 guys, at the time 6th graders, and I think at least 1 JC kid was 5th.  We had to extend the D to 5 ft beyond the arc way back then and they were still raining 3s left and right.

Yes. We have some shooters. Those kids are all going to be SOs this year. One started as a FR on the varsity.. and 6 of my top 8 on the JV team were FR. 

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

In the bloodlines with a couple of those guys 

Affirmative. 

And we have a to be SO better than both of them. I got into his face early last year because that kid passed up a 3 two straight possessions and we turned it over. 

Kid shot 39% from 3 on 6.5 attempts a game.  Flick. It. Every. Time. 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Affirmative. 

And we have a to be SO better than both of them. I got into his face early last year because that kid passed up a 3 two straight possessions and we turned it over. 

Yes sir. Did his older brother play a few years ago?

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Affirmative. 

Will you have an incoming FR possibly on varsity?  I remember a blonde kid who was apparently a year behind the 2023s that played up...unbelievable range. 

• Like 1