High School Hoops '20-'21

62-52 SC Final, the Tigers fall to 18-5

SC is definitely a state contender as the punch their ticket to the E8. Memorial will be another top 10 squad in 3A next year. I think could’ve competed for state this year, but unfortunately for them, they matched up with a tough SC team. Good luck to the rest of your season @5fouls! Very talented team

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rico said:

I don't follow national HS hoops one dang bit but I am harp pressed to think that only one Indiana school is ranked nationally.  It be Homestead at #14.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/high-school-basketball-rankings-millard-north-jumps-in-maxpreps-top-25-after-win-vs-oak-hill-academy/

They rank much higher in my book.  If you take out all the 'Academies' and 'Preps', which I do, they would be Top 5.    

• Like 2

Homestead wins the SAC with a 5 point win over FW Carroll.  The Chargers were undefeated in conference play heading into last night.

My 'Cats get revenge over Wabash last night.

Edit:  https://www.wane.com/high-school-sports/2-19-highlight-zone-homestead-tops-carroll-to-clinch-sac-title/

Edited by rico
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 5:27 PM, 5fouls said:

They rank much higher in my book.  If you take out all the 'Academies' and 'Preps', which I do, they would be Top 5.    

Spartans that good huh?  Always like to hear that as a Homestead grad.

We were never any good when I was there in the late 2000s, but Johnson appears to really have them rolling since Biggie got there.  I think he’s started recruiting.  Before Biggie, the only other Homestead grad of any note in basketball was Grant Leiendecker.

11 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Spartans that good huh?  Always like to hear that as a Homestead grad.

We were never any good when I was there in the late 2000s, but Johnson appears to really have them rolling since Biggie got there.  I think he’s started recruiting.  Before Biggie, the only other Homestead grad of any note in basketball was Grant Leiendecker.

You guys were pretty damn good in my day, the early-mid 80's.  I remember losing to ya my Senior year on a last second shot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Tracy Foster was a stud for Homestead in the 80's, and down here for the UAB blazers. Helped Gene Bartow build up the UAB program. 

Absolutely remember Foster.  Some great Spartan teams for sure and before GM moved into town enabling Homestead to grow vastly.

• Like 2