High School Hoops '20-'21

1 minute ago, rico said:

At the end of the day one kid is gonna wear the jersey and go down in history.  This year that be Furst.  

I have no problem with Furst winning. Kaufman is better, but no problem with him winning. Comparing Brown and Kaufman would be like comparing night and day though. 

Any of them who wanted to all coaches can vote it’s the first person on your indiana all star ballot for me basketball 

and I wanna clarify I’m shocked there was that big a gap I thought we could be looking at co mr basketball honestly but I’m Not sure that I follow your argument… If you were saying Caleb had the advantage of being the only good player and therefore stood out more Im not sure I agree with the logic respectfully 

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

You seen to be getting a little 😩 about Furst for some reason. It’s not a big deal either way. 

Nah.  And no it isn't.  We shall see how he does at the next level.  Trey is better suited for that jump.

• Like 2

Leaving Kaufman out of it, because I obviously could not be objective.  But, let's say Trey was out most of the year with an injury, I would have voted 

• Brown
  • Barnhizer
  • Furst

Nothing against Caleb, but he simply was not as important to his team, nor did he put up the numbers, as the other two.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If you want to give it based on 'making a difference' to your team, then Luke Brown should have won it.

It's interesting that both times SC and Blackhawk matched up the last two years, neither Furst nor Kaufman was the best player on their team.  Zane Burke was the main man for Blackhawk in both.  Kooper Jacobi was the main man for Silver Creek, though to be fair to Trey, he missed this season's game with an injury.

I obviously wanted Trey to win, but find it perfectly understandable if any of the Top 4 would have got it.  In many other years, each one would have been a clear front-runner.  

I agree 100% not just with the brown part ....regardless of who of the top 4 was named its impossible to argue they were undeserving ...this year was a personal preference vote maybe more so than any race I can remember since Jeffries and Randolph 

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Leaving Kaufman out of it, because I obviously could not be objective.  But, let's say Trey was out most of the year with an injury, I would have voted 

• Brown
  • Barnhizer
  • Furst

Nothing against Caleb, but he simply was not as important to his team, nor did he put up the numbers, as the other two.

I agree with Brown...and the hell with the numbers.  Furst was Oden 2.0 without the team support.

But it is what it is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

• Brown
  • Barnhizer
  • Furst

Same with me and brown and barnhizer would be a coin flip if I’m being fair barnhizer had a better senior year 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I don't even understand where this has gone... again.. only comment I was making was TK doesn't need to feel fortunate to finish 2nd lol 

My point was supposed to be that Brown was right on his tail for 2nd.  Take it fwiw.

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

I don't understand. Did Brown win a state championship? 

To describe the difference between the two the way you did lacks objectivity ...I’m a brown guy but coming in I had trey and Caleb neck and neck with brown third and barnhizer fourth ...thats evaluating not only from my personal thoughts but how I thought people would consider career accomplishments and vote ....if you were thinking it was clearly trey and brown didn’t belong in the convo yeah I think you’re not being objective .....you can’t argue both sides and say it’s so important to have state championships and that’s such an important factor but then also turn around and say TK stats suffered because he had two stud D1 teammates and could have had a third ....to me that means he didn’t have as much to do with the state championships and I don’t think arguing that way is fair to tk ....what I honestly think is that it shook out close to how it’s should with the exception that I felt brown barnhizer and Furst were fighting for more of the same votes than TK was so the takeaway I have is that voters put a ton of emphasis on the championship game performance of Furst and tk