High School Hoops '20-'21

29 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I can help here. I voted on our ballot. Basically you pick 12 guys. Rank em 1-12 in order of importance to you. 1 being Mr Basketball. I won’t lie, Luke Brown got my vote. So it will depend who got the most amount of lower number votes. I’m guessing players 9-12 and 13-18 will be within 40-50 votes of each other, meaning 13-18 were that close to making it 

8 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Coach that is super helpful That is how I thought it worked and if I’m not mistaken votes were due prior to the top 60 workout ....do you know what if any impact the workout has or if the state teams staff gets to have any influence over spots say 7-12 ?

I have the same question.  Will what happened in the Top 60 workout have any bearing over the last few slots?

Also, even though the vote is for 12, aren't there 13 players?  Seems to me, there used to be.  I think I remember there being a #13 in some of the games I attended in years past.  

Edited by 5fouls

43 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I have the same question.  Will what happened in the Top 60 workout have any bearing over the last few slots?

Also, even though the vote is for 12, aren't there 13 players?  Seems to me, there used to be.  I think I remember there being a #13 in some of the games I attended in years past.  

I’m not 100% but I’m almost sure u saw the team this year was reduced to 12 ...although that may have been the junior all stars i read about ....I definitely am curious about the workout kids like Montgomery and jacobi could really shore up their position 

1 minute ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I’m not 100% but I’m almost sure u saw the team this year was reduced to 12 ...although that may have been the junior all stars i read about ....I definitely am curious about the workout kids like Montgomery and jacobi could really shore up their position 

If so, wrong year to cut the roster.  Couldn't they wait one more?

24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The #19 player in the country compared to the #129 player in the country?  Sorry, if they play up to potential, that's not close.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Washington-46083366/

https://247sports.com/Player/Fletcher-Loyer-46102254/

Wouldn’t be surprised if Washington slips some due to his injury. Loyer is already top 100 on rivals and should be a consensus top 100 when all is said and done. Hell Goode was consensus 94th and Loyer is better than him. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I dont think the voters will favor a transfer, at all. 

53 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Ahh that’s fair. 

Barnhizer got away with it but playing three years vs two makes a pretty big difference .....I think what will go a long way with those two is if smith can get Westfield past Carmel vs whether or not homestead still dominates Fort Wayne without goode....if both those things happen or neither of them  smith probably gets the  non transfer nod if loyer gets homestead to the usual position and smith loses to Carmel in sectionals he might have a tough time 

6 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I can't agree with Sisley over Hughes, at all. Other than that... Taylor is a surprise although he is absolutely worthy, but is there really any others that are shocking and is there anyone that should be shocked they aren't on it? 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I can't agree with Sisley over Hughes, at all. Other than that... Taylor is a surprise although he is absolutely worthy, but is there really any others that are shocking and is there anyone that should be shocked they aren't on it? 

I’m with you that was the one that stood out to me ...and that ISNT a knowing on Sisley but that’s literally the replacement comparison in my head.  I also might argue colson Montgomery over Blackmon or Taylor like you also pointed out they are both incredibly worthy I just thought Montgomery played his way on ......the rest you and I were pretty darn close on 

26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don’t think anyone can be outraged but I think I could make a second 14 man team to play this 14 man team and I think any from the second group of 14 likely would have made the first team in normal years ....I would go ( in no particular order or rank ) : 1. LT Hatton 2. Owen deas 3. Malik Stanley 4. Payton sparks 5. Quimari Peterson 6. Colson Montgomery 7. Chris mantis 8. Vincent Brady 9. Gus etchison 10. Bryson graber 11. Curt hopf 12. Lincoln hale 13. Jake heidbreder 14. DJ Hughes 

1 minute ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I don’t think anyone can be outraged but I think I could make a second 14 man team to play this 14 man team and I think any from the second group of 14 likely would have made the first team in normal years ....I would go ( in no particular order or rank ) : 1. LT Hatton 2. Owen deas 3. Malik Stanley 4. Payton sparks 5. Quimari Peterson 6. Colson Montgomery 7. Chris mantis 8. Vincent Brady 9. Gus etchison 10. Bryson graber 11. Curt hopf 12. Lincoln hale 13. Jake heidbreder 14. DJ Hughes 

I have a hard time believing Braydon Barker wouldn't be in your next 14. I also am confident that Lane Sparks would be in that group, as well. And.. Isaiah Swope. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I have a hard time believing Braydon Barker wouldn't be in your next 14. I also am confident that Lane Sparks would be in that group, as well. And.. Isaiah Swope. 

I’m not familiar with barker tell me about him ......I know this class well so it’s neat to hear a new name ( I had considered kolden van landingham also ) .....sparks was probably right there with kolden at the border of 15

Just now, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I’m not familiar with barker tell me about him ......I know this class well so it’s neat to hear a new name ( I had considered kolden van landingham also ) .....sparks was probably right there with kolden at the border of 15

Swope dominated Evansville. I watched his Floyd and Jeff films.. he was great. Barker is 6'1 SG signed to go to Army. You've not seen a better built HS kid... he and Sparks from Greensburg are absolute physical specimens. Barker only avged 20p a game because that is all that was needed of him. Sparks had BIG time numbers. 

I've stated it was time to pump the breaks on the over ranking of this recruit class.  How many top 25, 5 star guys?  How many in the top 100?  2.  7 in the top 200.  

Hate to break it but this is an average year in the state of Indiana.  Taking out the la lu guys, there is still almost always at least two top 100 guys with about an average of 5/6 top 200 guys.  There is some depth to this year's class in that 3 star range but there usually is.  Just a few more getting a national ranking this year but still is a fairly normal state of Indiana class. Just hyped up more than normal and some familiarity of names with multiple title runs.

Don't shoot the messenger.  https://247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=IN 

Have your own look through the years.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I've stated it was time to pump the breaks on the over ranking of this recruit class.  How many top 25, 5 star guys?  How many in the top 100?  2.  7 I. The top 200.  

Hate to break it but this is an average year in the state of Indiana.  Taking out the la lu guys, there is still almost always at least two top 100 guys with about an average of 5/6 top 200 guys.  There is some depth to this year's class in that 3 star range but there usually is.  Just a few more getting a national ranking this year but still is a fairly normal state of Indiana class. Just hyped up more than normal and some familiarity of names with multiple title runs.

Don't shoot the messenger.  https://247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=IN 

Have your own look through the years.  

lol what? 

Half of those kids went to LaLu... doesn't count. That's a really good class you named. It's not what the 2021 class. I'm well, well educated on the history. There is really nothing overly special about what you posted. 

This class had 3 kids Top 60. Then you throw in Goode, JR, Wesley, and Barnhizer. Blows 2015 out of the water. Swope, Sparks, and Barker aren't even listed 247s list. Oh... and forgot Montgomery who would be playing D1 basketball if it weren't for baseball. 

• Like 2