High School Hoops '20-'21

Kessinger was the 12th rated player in the state in that class, man. Cmon. You compare that to Heidbreder being ranked 18th in this one????? 

Blake Sisley being ranked 19th. 

Both of those player MILES, MILES ahead of a kid like Kessinger and Kessinger was on the JR All Star team. Geesh. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

lol what? 

Half of those kids went to LaLu... doesn't count. That's a really good class you named. It's not what the 2021 class. I'm well, well educated on the history. There is really nothing overly special about what you posted. 

This class had 3 kids Top 60. Then you throw in Goode, JR, Wesley, and Barnhizer. Blows 2015 out of the water. Swope, Sparks, and Barker aren't even listed 247s list. Oh... and forgot Montgomery who would be playing D1 basketball if it weren't for baseball. 

You have the ability to change that to look at any year.  I went back over 6 years and quit there and copied and pasted because the proof just kept stacking up.  

No there are only 2 players in the top 10p in this class.  Kaufman and Furst.  

I also said, take out the la lu kids and you still have 2 top 100 and around 5 top 200 in almost every class.  It's not debatable, it's a fact.  I say almost because 1 year there was only 1 top 100 kid in the last 6.  If you want to go back another 6 year I would assume we will see the same trend.  

Again.  This is in no way a comparison of the 2015 class.  I just linked state of indiana 247 rankings.  Each of us can go through and look at each years ranking on their own and see, 2021, good not great top end talent.  2021, good to great mid range depth.  The fear of Indiana fans is one or more of these kids likely go on to have one hell of a college career not at IU.  We can create a list every year of kids that out play their ranking from this state.  

Screenshot_20210419-145253.png

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

You have the ability to change that to look at any year.  I went back over 6 years and quit there and copied and pasted because the proof just kept stacking up.  

No there are only 2 players in the top 10p in this class.  Kaufman and Furst.  

I also said, take out the la lu kids and you still have 2 top 100 and around 5 top 200 in almost every class.  It's not debatable, it's a fact.  I say almost because 1 year there was only 1 top 100 kid in the last 6.  If you want to go back another 6 year I would assume we will see the same trend.  

Again.  This is in no way a comparison of the 2015 class.  I just linked state of indiana 247 rankings.  Each of us can go through and look at each years ranking on their own and see, 2021, good not great top end talent.  2021, good to great mid range depth.  The fear of Indiana fans is one or more of these kids likely go on to have one hell of a college career not at IU.  We can create a list every year of kids that out play their ranking from this state.  

Screenshot_20210419-145253.png

The only class comparable to this one is 2007. Both are great for different reasons, but 3 Top 100 kids is nothing to shake your head at... plus 3 more that are top 150. 

Lander is in this class. 100% including him in this one. 

Just now, btownqb said:

The only class comparable to this one is 2007. Both are great for different reasons, but 3 Top 100 kids is nothing to shake your head at... plus 3 more that are top 150. 

Lander is in this class. 100% including him in this one. 

Ok.  I wasn't.  Let's hope and pray he plays to his ranking this year.  

I say a year training with college kids is a heck of a lot better than practicing against your jv team.  

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

I guess you didn't read what I said and clarified twice.  

Just showing you it's not close. This 2021 class is crazy special. I am borderline appalled someone says otherwise. I follow allllll kinds of IN HS people... they are all in amazement how special this group is. 

19 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I've stated it was time to pump the breaks on the over ranking of this recruit class.  How many top 25, 5 star guys?  How many in the top 100?  2.  7 in the top 200.  

Hate to break it but this is an average year in the state of Indiana.  Taking out the la lu guys, there is still almost always at least two top 100 guys with about an average of 5/6 top 200 guys.  There is some depth to this year's class in that 3 star range but there usually is.  Just a few more getting a national ranking this year but still is a fairly normal state of Indiana class. Just hyped up more than normal and some familiarity of names with multiple title runs.

Don't shoot the messenger.  https://247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=IN 

Have your own look through the years.  

I appreciate the numbers....but while rankings maybe don't show it....I think OFFERS show what a special class this was. Many power 6 offers and lots of mid major. Maybe on the top end it did't have the pizazz but it was much deeper than normal.

Ok.  I wasn't.  Let's hope and pray he plays to his ranking this year.  

I say a year training with college kids is a heck of a lot better than practicing against your jv team.  

I agree, I would have went to college if I were him, as well. (probably).. but he should still be talked about in this class. He is literally their age and played against all of them at AAU events growing up. I watched him multiple times there.. even before HS. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Just showing you it's not close. This 2021 class is crazy special. I am borderline appalled someone says otherwise. I follow allllll kinds of IN HS people... they are all in amazement how special this group is. 

When you have the time, click through those rankings, remove the lalu kids and you are looking at 2 in the top 100 almost every year and 2-4 in the 100-200 almost every year.  This class has 4 in the 100-200.  Not sure how that so massively separates them from other classes besides the handful of quality depth beyond 200.  

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I appreciate the numbers....but while rankings maybe don't show it....I think OFFERS show what a special class this was. Many power 6 offers and lots of mid major. Maybe on the top end it did't have the pizazz but it was much deeper than normal.

I called it good to great mid range depth.  

• Like 1

When you have the time, click through those rankings, remove the lalu kids and you are looking at 2 in the top 100 almost every year and 2-4 in the 100-200 almost every year.  This class has 4 in the 100-200.  Not sure how that so massively separates them from other classes besides the handful of quality depth beyond 200.  

I have. Regularly. This class has 7 kids top 170. 4 more in the top 240. 11 kids top 240 spots. I have never really said the top end talent is ungodly good. That's not the only measuring stick. 

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Yeah...look I see where you are making your arguement....I think there is a lot of truth that every year quality players get out of Indiana and out play their rankings etc. Just saying and you agree it seems....this class is ESPECIALLY deep with talent. A ton of 3 star type kids (whether they got ranked that or the ratings were bad because of COVID **this I think could be brought up as a point**) that didn't get the national viewing and rankings. I think in 4 years people will look back and see how even more special this class will end up.

Just now, btownqb said:

I have. Regularly. This class has 7 kids top 170. 4 more in the top 240. 11 kids top 240 spots. I have never really said the top end talent is ungodly good. That's not the only measuring stick. 

Well 6 in the top 170 when you remove the la lu kid.  

It has great backend depth.  

2012 was top end super loaded.  247 doesn't show past the top 9 for some reason.  4 home growns in the top 42, 7 in the top 97.

https://247sports.com/Season/2012-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=IN

Well 6 in the top 170 when you remove the la lu kid.  

It has great backend depth.  

2012 was top end super loaded.  247 doesn't show past the top 9 for some reason.  4 home growns in the top 42, 7 in the top 97.

https://247sports.com/Season/2012-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=IN

7 with Lander. 2012 was very good, as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah...look I see where you are making your arguement....I think there is a lot of truth that every year quality players get out of Indiana and out play their rankings etc. Just saying and you agree it seems....this class is ESPECIALLY deep with talent. A ton of 3 star type kids (whether they got ranked that or the ratings were bad because of COVID **this I think could be brought up as a point**) that didn't get the national viewing and rankings. I think in 4 years people will look back and see how even more special this class will end up.

Hopefully one or two will blossom and transfer their way back to the premier basketball school of their home state and country.  

• Like 1

I've been to Indiana / Kentucky all-star games where there have only been between seven or eight Division 1 players on the Indiana squad.  This year, the senior class has what, something like 25-30 players going to Division 1 schools?

You have to surf, weed out all the non-D1 schools, and a couple of 2022 commits, but this is a more comprehensive list of players who will be playing in college than what 247 offers.

https://www.prephoops.com/indiana/player-database/

19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I've been to Indiana / Kentucky all-star games where there have only been between seven or eight Division 1 players on the Indiana squad.  This year, the senior class has what, something like 25-30 players going to Division 1 schools?

You have to surf, weed out all the non-D1 schools, and a couple of 2022 commits, but this is a more comprehensive list of players who will be playing in college than what 247 offers.

@IU/Butler/Notre Dame sorry.. I called him Braydon Barker.. his name is Blake Barker from CN. 

5 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

7 with Lander. 2012 was very good, as well. 

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I gotta respectfully completely disagree NTL.  I’m with 5fouls and btown.  I of course am a brown guy but I started to see a uniqueness about this class when they were 8th graders and have followed closely.  There isn’t a sure fire nba player in the bunch but in terms of quality players from 1-30 I personally don’t remember another class this well rounded and deep.  If you’re judging it but number of top 100 prospects I see your point sort of but as a whole this group is just unreal successful.  The kids from 30-40 in State are the type that would be filling out all star slots with your 3 top 100 prospects from the other classes you mentioned.  I won’t make any claim this group will have outstanding professional contribution but they may be the best suited group to division 1 basketball success I’ve ever seen .  A group of 3 and 4 year program changers and contributors that we will see mountains of success going forward . 

Edited by IU/Butler/Notre Dame

6 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I gotta respectfully completely disagree NTL.  I’m with 5fouls and btown.  I of course am a brown guy but I started to see a uniqueness about this class when they were 8th graders and have followed closely.  There isn’t a sure fire nba player in the bunch but in terms of quality players from 1-30 I personally don’t remember another class this well rounded and deep.  If you’re judging it but number of top 100 prospects I see your point sort of but as a whole this group is just unreal successful.  The kids from 30-40 in State are the type that would be filling out all star slots with your 3 top 100 prospects from the other classes you mentioned.  I won’t make any claim this group will have outstanding professional contribution but they may be the best suited group to division 1 basketball success I’ve ever seen .  A group of 3 and 4 year program changers and contributors that we will see mountains of success going forward . 

I guess I'll take your word for it and call it astounding mid range depth.  

With the new transfer rules, it would be crazy for IU or other major programs to take fliers on a few guys unless you were just supremely confident in your scouting ability.  So it greatly behooves the B1G schools to let the small schools groom them and allow them to grow and develop into men and then recruit them down the road with a year or more of college experience behind them.  

I've said before.  This transfer portal is going to be all day, everyday, 365.  It's intriguing.  Someone said there should be a dead period.  I guess you can say a kid can only join a team in August or December/January but that's not going to stop a kid from saying deuces to a bad situation(in their eyes and mind).  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I guess I'll take your word for it and call it astounding mid range depth.  

With the new transfer rules, it would be crazy for IU or other major programs to take fliers on a few guys unless you were just supremely confident in your scouting ability.  So it greatly behooves the B1G schools to let the small schools groom them and allow them to grow and develop into men and then recruit them down the road with a year or more of college experience behind them.  

I've said before.  This transfer portal is going to be all day, everyday, 365.  It's intriguing.  Someone said there should be a dead period.  I guess you can say a kid can only join a team in August or December/January but that's not going to stop a kid from saying deuces to a bad situation(in their eyes and mind).  

They can enter the portal and transfer at any time but to be immediately eligible they will have to do so before May 1 (June 1 this year). So March and April every year will be crazy but other than those months it'll probably be pretty quiet with regards to players entering the portal. Mid-season transfers will probably become non-existent except for special cases.

5 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

They can enter the portal and transfer at any time but to be immediately eligible they will have to do so before May 1 (June 1 this year). So March and April every year will be crazy but other than those months it'll probably be pretty quiet with regards to players entering the portal. Mid-season transfers will probably become non-existent except for special cases.

Nonexistent is a pretty strong word when guys are pretty much entering the Portal on a near daily basis. Covid may have caused an extraordinary amount of transfers and with the new rules kids knowing they weren't going to have to sit out the full year may have caused more.  Obviously the vast vast majority of transfers will occur after the season but we are always going to see mid-season transfers and that was true before these rules were implemented. Water will find its level.  I wonder if there is a website that shows what date a kid entered the portal?

• Like 1