High School Hoops '20-'21

Just now, Inequality said:

@dgambill what’s confusing about the start of a trend? Kaufman losing in Bloomington sounds like a good trend to get behind doesn’t it?

Just confusing to see Silver Creek basically the class of their class struggling this year. I’m assuming they have injuries. They are too talented to be dropping this many games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Just confusing to see Silver Creek basically the class of their class struggling this year. I’m assuming they have injuries. They are too talented to be dropping this many games.

But, it doesn’t get much better in Indiana high school hoops than JR Holmes. 

Silver Creek had a couple chances to tie with a 3 but could only get 2 off of a rebound to take the 1 pt loss.

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

Silver Creek point guard, Branden Northern, who has a D1 offer himself, is now out with a broken hand.  Will be out for about 4 weeks.  Kaufman played PG most of the game.  If Northern plays, Kaufman dominates the paint an SC wins.

That said, South has played all season without Conner Hickman.  Do. SC cant play the injury card.

For whatever reason, SC is not the same team as last year.  Their best 3 point shooter from last season elected not to play this year.  Teams are sagging on th he inside game.

Their Big 3, Kaufman, Jacobi, and Northern have only played 3 or 4 games together this season.  It has totally messed up with team chemistry.

I don't see SC making a deep run if things don't significantly improve.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Inequality said:

Bloomington South best Silver Creek 42-41. Kaufman with 18 pts

The final score tells a big story.  Silver Creek was comfortably ahead for the first 3 quarters, but after a quick start in the 1st quarter, Bloomington South slowly imposed their tempo on Silver Creek.  South took control with a 10-1 run to open the 4th.  SC is best when the score is in the 70's and 80's.  A grind it out game like that plays into the hands of the opponent.  Just a couple of weeks ago, Bloomington North (who is actually more highly rated than South this year), tried to run with SC and got drilled.

Silver Creek has many of the same problems as IU,  Ft Shooting, 3 point shooting, inconsistent defense, occasional sloppy ball handling, and inconsistent offense from the complimentary players..  Last night, Free throws were huge.  SC attempted a lot more than South, but where South made almost all of theirs, SC missed several, especially in the 4th quarter,

Kaufman had 14 of those 18 in the first half.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Silver Creek point guard, Branden Northern, who has a D1 offer himself, is now out with a broken hand.  Will be out for about 4 weeks.  Kaufman played PG most of the game.  If Northern plays, Kaufman dominates the paint an SC wins.

That said, South has played all season without Conner Hickman.  Do. SC cant play the injury card.

For whatever reason, SC is not the same team as last year.  Their best 3 point shooter from last season elected not to play this year.  Teams are sagging on th he inside game.

Their Big 3, Kaufman, Jacobi, and Northern have only played 3 or 4 games together this season.  It has totally messed up with team chemistry.

I don't see SC making a deep run if things don't significantly improve.

For your sake I hope it all comes together by the end of the year. Seems like they have a special team that has come together over several years. That said there are a lot of good teams that would love to win it all too and in the end sometimes desire trumps talent.

My Wildcats had their game ppd. last night against North Miami.  That makes 2 conference games in a row now.  Still sitting at 10-4 but with 'Busco and Central Noble remaining on the schedule.

BTW, that kid from Albion passed Mike Young to become the Cougars all-time leading scorer.  Young played on Arky's '78 FF team.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 7:49 AM, 5fouls said:

The final score tells a big story.  Silver Creek was comfortably ahead for the first 3 quarters, but after a quick start in the 1st quarter, Bloomington South slowly imposed their tempo on Silver Creek.  South took control with a 10-1 run to open the 4th.  SC is best when the score is in the 70's and 80's.  A grind it out game like that plays into the hands of the opponent.  Just a couple of weeks ago, Bloomington North (who is actually more highly rated than South this year), tried to run with SC and got drilled.

Silver Creek has many of the same problems as IU,  Ft Shooting, 3 point shooting, inconsistent defense, occasional sloppy ball handling, and inconsistent offense from the complimentary players..  Last night, Free throws were huge.  SC attempted a lot more than South, but where South made almost all of theirs, SC missed several, especially in the 4th quarter,

Kaufman had 14 of those 18 in the first half.

I should read the whole page before commenting at the top thanks for the update

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Our girls team start sectionals today, which should be fun to watch. Our boys team falls to Reitz in a close and move to 7-7 on the season after starting 6-2

The girls 3A Regional next week in Charlestown will likely have 3 of the Top 5 teams in the rankings.  Unfortunately, either #1 or #2 won't be there (Silver Creek or Salem), as they will likely face each other in the Sectional championship tomorrow night.  The winner of that game should get your Memorial team in the first game of the Regional.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Watching the news and they have the score scrolling on bottom.  Not sure how many games they had the score for.  I counted 14 teams who scored 33 points or less.  In one game Center Grove won 32-27 over Franklin Central.  This is getting ridiculous how hard it is for teams to score

Probably girls games Scott.  I don't think there are many boys games being played tonight because of girls sectionals.