Monroe incident

rico

10 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

I just have a feeling that Booker isnt telling the whole story...keep in mind Booker drank a 12 pack of beer before he decided to come back and confront them a second time 

Curious as I recall hearing about Booker taking beer to the gathering from one of the guys involved in the altercation/pining him to the tree. Something to the effect of the guy took Booker on his ATV to where the thing he was attending was and he gave him a beer as thanks for the ride. Where did you see this info? Some have suggested the other guys looked/acted drunk in the video as well. 

1 minute ago, D-BONE said:

Curious as I recall hearing about Booker taking beer to the gathering from one of the guys involved in the altercation/pining him to the tree. Something to the effect of the guy took Booker on his ATV to where the thing he was attending was and he gave him a beer as thanks for the ride. Where did you see this info? Some have suggested the other guys looked/acted drunk in the video as well. 

One of the many articles I read...i dont recall which one...the other guys were drunk

• Like 1

Heard on the radio this morning the initial confrontation was over Purdy wearing a Confederate flag hat, supposedly.

Copy of DNR officer report

link to pdf at the top of article

In the report it says officers consulted the prosecutors office and were instructed to collect evidence, file a report, and determine later if charges would be filed.  

1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

One of the many articles I read...i dont recall which one...the other guys were drunk

What I see in the DNR report is Cox (?) one of the private property group saying he estimated he'd consumed a 12 pack that day prior to the altercation. So far haven't located any assertion as to whether Booker had been consuming beforehand.

2 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

What I see in the DNR report is Cox (?) one of the private property group saying he estimated he'd consumed a 12 pack that day prior to the altercation. So far haven't located any assertion as to whether Booker had been consuming beforehand.

Very smart on his part admitting that to the authorities. 

3 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

I know in one of the articles it said Booker was drinking and had given one of the alleged attackers a beer from the first encounter they had after he had given them a ride on the ATV

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I dont condone violence and these guys absolutely should be arrested, charges maybe be a little hefty, but Booker absolutely deserved his ass kicked. 

Felony is a bit much for what I saw in the video...

And I think the last thing Mr Booker should want would be for the Purdy felony to go to trial...although I think he probably wants one...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I think in alot of cases lawyers bring higher charges to try to force a plea deal. I would imagine everybody would rather be golfing than sitting in a stuffy courtroom arguing with people. At least that's what a lawyer I know once told me. 

When I interned at a prosecutor's office I was always taught that you never bring charges unless you believe you can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt even if you really think the accused is guilty.  From what I've seen I don't see how they could ever get a conviction. 

p7pyWQr.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

When I interned at a prosecutor's office I was always taught that you never bring charges unless you believe you can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt even if you really think the accused is guilty.  From what I've seen I don't see how they could ever get a conviction. 

p7pyWQr.gif

Don't lawyers have pretty strict ethical guidelines on stuff like this?  If they're found charging people flippantly to try and force deals, they risk some pretty serious punishments.

2 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

That's quite the contradictory statement, tbh.

Agree... but its still true. I wouldn't have resulted to violence, but I understand why that individual did. If you run your mouth, don't be surprised when you catch a right, drunk hook 😂😂

6 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Don't lawyers have pretty strict ethical guidelines on stuff like this?  If they're found charging people flippantly to try and force deals, they risk some pretty serious punishments.

Yes but this is Monroe County.  Maybe the most liberal county in Indiana.  I'm sure the prosecutor has been under tremendous pressure to bring charges...no matter what.  Very similar to the Duke lacrosse case.  You can bring charges and possibly lose your job or you can not bring charges and definitely lose your job.

But it's possible they know something none of us do.

Edited by dbmhoosier
  • Like 1