Monroe incident

rico

8 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

makes sense.  there's hard power and soft power - you outlined what soft power can do pretty well re: public pressure.  

Yep.  Both parties are equally guilty of political grandstanding from my experience.  It's not like you're John Roberts on the USSC and you can vote with the Democrats knowing damn well that Trump and the Republicans can't doing anything about it.

Edited by dbmhoosier

28 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yes but this is Monroe County.  Maybe the most liberal county in Indiana.  I'm sure the prosecutor has been under tremendous pressure to bring charges...no matter what.  Very similar to the Duke lacrosse case.  You can bring charges and possibly lose your job or you can not bring charges and definitely lose your job.

But it's possible they know something none of us do.

Booker was said to have identified himself as the County Commissioner in the video's...isnt there a law stating you cant impersonate officials?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Booker was said to have identified himself as the County Commissioner in the video's...isnt there a law stating you cant impersonate officials?

Indiana Code
TITLE 35. Criminal Law and Procedure
ARTICLE 44.1. OFFENSES AGAINST GENERAL PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
CHAPTER 2. Interference with General Government Operations
35-44.1-2-6. Impersonation of a public servant

Universal Citation: IN Code § 35-44.1-2-6 (2017)
IC 35-44.1-2-6 Impersonation of a public servant

Sec. 6. (a) A person who, with intent to:

(1) deceive; or

(2) induce compliance with the person's instructions, orders, or requests;

falsely represents that the person is a public servant, commits impersonation of a public servant, a Class A misdemeanor, except as provided in subsection (b).

(b) The offense described in subsection (a) is a Level 6 felony if the person falsely represents that the person is:

(1) a law enforcement officer; or

(2) an agent or employee of the department of state revenue, and collects any property from another person.

As added by P.L.126-2012, SEC.54. Amended by P.L.158-2013, SEC.505; P.L.31-2016, SEC.1.

• Thanks 1

Charges and convictions are 2 different things as we all know. Prosecutor had to charge something to appease....and my guess it will go quietly away at some point in a few months because if I'm those defendants and their attorney....I'll roll the dice on a jury trial all day long. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

When you make false accusations, you cast doubt on legitimate crimes.  Why add the inflammatory noose stuff unless you're just trying to cause problems? 16 witnesses and none of them heard that...SMH.

I'm glad he got charged as well.  Sounds like the Monroe County prosecutor is a 🐔💩.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

When you make false accusations, you cast doubt on legitimate crimes.  Why add the inflammatory noose stuff unless you're just trying to cause problems? 16 witnesses and none of them heard that...SMH.

I'm glad he got charged as well.  Sounds like the Monroe County prosecutor is a 🐔💩.

Just frustrating someone would think they could pull something like this. Plus falsely claiming to be a county official. 

• 9 months later...