Monroe incident

rico

12 hours ago, IUFLA said:

If Booker hit Purdy 3 times like Purdy's attorney says, there had to be marks...

Also, Purdy's lawyer alleged that Purdy had actually given Booker a ride to the property line on his 4 wheeler...if there a pic or evidence of that, the Booker story gets shaky...

The issue here is that his story has been shaky from the outset. The lack of damning evidence on the video for racial comments and the entire context of the interaction did not inspire great confidence in Booker's allegations. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

The issue here is that his story has been shaky from the outset. The lack of damning evidence on the video for racial comments and the entire context of the interaction did not inspire great confidence in Booker's allegations. 

I tend to give people the benefit of doubt initially...

Maybe it's the part of me that can't fathom why someone would want to be viewed as a victim in the current climate when the story is not true.

Is the 15 minutes of fame worth that price if the story turns out to be BS?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Maybe it's the part of me that can't fathom why someone would want to be viewed as a victim in the current climate when the story is not true.

In answer to your last sentence, let's ask that woman in Central Park.  LOL

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I give people the benefit of the doubt unless there's a reason not.  Bookers story had more holes than swiss cheese from the get go.  Plus he's an activist with a history of seeking out this type of event.   How the media didn't see this as a hoax immediately is just beyond belief to me.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I give people the benefit of the doubt unless there's a reason not.  Bookers story had more holes than swiss cheese from the get go.  Plus he's an activist with a history of seeking out this type of event.   How the media didn't see this as a hoax immediately is just beyond belief to me.

The media thrives on these types of "stories."  They aren't concerned about the facts or due process.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It's also incredibly risky to his activism and aspirations if what he alleges is false. I'm not convinced it's untrue, but the video itself never convinced me that it was. Defendants side - with what I know - is obviously plausible. Waiting for more developments in the situation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Because they want to create the unrest as this video illustrates perfectly.  That is the whole goal here.  I'd bet you almost anything that Booker got exactly what he wanted.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rico said:

In answer to your last sentence, let's ask that woman in Central Park.  LOL

My Dad told me a long time ago, "wanna find out the truth? Get everyone in one room and ask the question. The BSers get exposed pretty quickly."

I've a manager in some way, shape, or form for over 40 years and have used that tactic on numerous occasions, and it worked every time...

For only having a 7th grade education, my old man was one smart cookie...

9 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

This quote from Booker's lawyer really bothers me.

He doesn’t need to take a polygraph test. Look at the video.

I saw an edited version of the video that in my eyes was inconclusive...

Very telling answer...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

The most interesting part of that article, at least to me, was this...

"Hennessy said there is more video that the public has not seen that will provide proper context but that neither he nor his clients possess the footage"

Wonder who has it, then? One of Booker's group, or someone from the other group?

Edited by IUFLA

This is why I try to caution people, including my daughter who was very upset about this incident when it broke, to not reach conclusions too quickly.  I'm still willing to listen to both sides here, but I'm not seeing any conclusive evidence of what these folks were accused of and if their polygraph holds up, I don't blame them for being upset.