Big Ten: Conference-Only Schedule

KDB

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the health of the players and coaches should be the determining factor in any decision made. The problem with this damn virus is no one knows much about it. Are there long term side effects from it like damaged lungs! Are there any long term side effects at all? 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Well the health of the players and coaches should be the determining factor in any decision made. The problem with this damn virus is no one knows much about it. Are there long term side effects from it like damaged lungs! Are there any long term side effects at all? 

I am wondering the same thing because I still have some breathing problems but all of my test on not showing any problems.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I am wondering the same thing because I still have some breathing problems but all of my test on not showing any problems.

So you’ve had it, so sorry! Hope your ok. It’s just starting to hit my county! See more People everyday that test positive! 

On 7/15/2020 at 5:06 PM, Indykev said:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/michigan-wolverines-fans-big-house-season-tickets-2020-college-football-season/1xgoz3eun66s4144bxit4w8eyz

Michigan..Season ticket holders and students only or no fans at all are the 2 options. no 100,000 for games if played at all.

I talked to a friend of mine in Michigan that has season tickets for UM and he was notified this week they won't be able to attend any games this year.   They could get a refund or get credit toward season tickets next year. 

4 hours ago, Andy06 said:

I talked to a friend of mine in Michigan that has season tickets for UM and he was notified this week they won't be able to attend any games this year.   They could get a refund or get credit toward season tickets next year. 

And this is the thing. If we actually get to have football....what a year to play at Wisconsin, at Michigan, at Ohio St. Still very good to great teams but no home crowd.

On 7/20/2020 at 11:45 AM, Andy06 said:

I hope they move to the spring. Seems like a vaccine is right around the corner. I know not everyone will take it but it would make these idiot Governors and Mayors get out of the way.

8 hours ago, Indykev said:

I hope they move to the spring. Seems like a vaccine is right around the corner. I know not everyone will take it but it would make these idiot Governors and Mayors get out of the way.

Sure worked well when the Florida, Georgia and Texas governors “got out of the way”...LOL :(

Clemson just announced they have moved back in-person classes from mid August to September 21st. Would be very surprised if they have students stay away but still have fans attend early September games (or play games at all). We shall see. Pfizer is the latest to seem to have a promising vaccine. 

4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/2020/07/31/big-ten-explains-uncertain-football-2020-season/5556760002/

This new commish is going to mess around and there wont be any sports until next year.

Well if these kids can't be safe then they might need to cancel the season.  None of us wants to see this but right now sports shouldn't be the most important thing to be considered.  Just look at the story about our freshman OL Feeney is struggling after having the virus.

25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well if these kids can't be safe then they might need to cancel the season.  None of us wants to see this but right now sports shouldn't be the most important thing to be considered.  Just look at the story about our freshman OL Feeney is struggling after having the virus.

Read the data, their age group is safe. With this logic the virus will need to be 100% gone.

Schedules being released right now. Best I can see is this.

At Wiscy, Home games with Penn St, Illinois before at Ohio St. Bye Week...followed by at Minny, Home with Michigan and Maryland, at Rutgers at Michigan St another Bye Week before Home with Purdue.

I'm still comfortable with 7 wins. 6 minimum. Losses at Wisconsin, at Ohio St, and one of the Home games vs Michigan/Penn St. Otherwise I think we can handle the rest.

Archived