Big Ten: Conference-Only Schedule

KDB

6 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I didn't realize until now that the location of the Mich and MSU games flipped. We're now going to MSU, and hosting Michigan.

I was curious about that. All off season I was typing on here about not a bad year to play at Wiscy, at Ohio St, at Michigan.....somehow that one got changed. Not to mention the new deal with Opendorse that IU athletics signed today. 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sark said:

They’re much better than we are up front on both sides of the ball. In particular, their front 7 on defense will be outstanding. On offense, they have a big, physical O line that has always given us trouble. Not sure what support you have for why you think we’re very evenly matched.

I didnt ever say we were evenly matched lol 

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

I think to beat OSU we'd need a lot of breaks, but I don't put Wisconsin in their category.

I don’t know how to put it without sounding inappropriate, but once Penix starts punching people in the mouth, all bets are off.

He can take us from needing a lot of breaks to not needing many/any breaks.

yuuuup

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Doesn't that work in our favor? Sparty is a dumpster right now. Hosting Michigan even in these times is better. I thought it worked out better for us?

I look at it like... MSU at home was like almost a sure fire thing.  Instead of -8 or whatever we'll go to MSU and be like -2. 

🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Doesn't that work in our favor? Sparty is a dumpster right now. Hosting Michigan even in these times is better. I thought it worked out better for us?

That's what I was wondering. As long as we take care of business against MSU like we should, I think it is an advantage. Now, if we lose to MSU I'll be pissed and complain that the game got moved, but I think we take care of them this year wherever the game is played.

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

That's what I was wondering. As long as we take care of business against MSU like we should, I think it is an advantage. Now, if we lose to MSU I'll be pissed and complain that the game got moved, but I think we take care of them this year wherever the game is played.

I get what you guys are saying

11 minutes ago, Sark said:

They lost a couple of key people on offense in Cepheus and Taylor, but they always find good backs and their O line is big and physical. On D they have 9 starters back and a dominant D line. We'llneed a lot of breaks to beat them, especially since big physical teams tend to give us so much trouble.

They lost Baun and Orr. Not easy replacements. On offense they lose best RB in college last year and 3 OLine guys in Biadasz, Moorman, Erdmann?? I know they have depth but that 5-6 key guys they lose. 

1 minute ago, Sark said:

If we can’t beat a transitioning MSU this year, regardless of where we play them, we’re going to struggle.

I get your point, but I don’t agree that you can pick out one game and predict a season's outcome from it. The same could have been said about MSU last year. This year even more, but upsets happen.

I mean, look at Purdue's record against OSU lately. Purdue has the longest unranked streak of any Power 5 team (had to get that dig in!), and they have beaten OSU quite a few times lately.

Our schedule is average difficulty.

Someone explain to me how Rutgers has a brutal schedule and ours is average. We literally have almost the same schedule except we play @Minnesota and they get Nebraska at home.

I guess the author just expects us to be so good we take Rutgers' schedule from average to brutal. Or he just sucks at his job lol.

2 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Yes it is.  It is ridiculous how uneven the scheduling is in the BIG with the current division alignment. Somehow they dodged OSU and PSU and got Maryland and a suspect Michigan team.

But apparently we can't beat them lol 

Even though they lost @ILL last year when they were suppose to be better. 🤷‍♂️ 2018 they lost at home to BYU and Minny(by a lot). No way we show up and beat them though. 

They could turn it over 100 times, but with that front 7... ooof we're screwed. I'm trembling. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

But apparently we can't beat them lol 

Even though they lost @ILL last year when they were suppose to be better. 🤷‍♂️ 2018 they lost at home to BYU and Minny(by a lot). No way we show up and beat them though. 

They could turn it over 100 times, but with that front 7... ooof we're screwed. I'm trembling. 

I think we have a legit shot at this year.  Road sucks, but crowd may not be an issue.  Having them first game I think helps us quite a bit too as they may have some things to figure out with their skill positions.  If we can jump out of the gates quick offensively we have a real chance I think.

4 minutes ago, Sark said:

Lol. Happy to help you with a scouting report on this or any game. 

I help with 12-14 scouting reports a year for football. And I do 25-30 for basketball. I'll be fine. 

I breakdown probably 50 football games a year and 100 basketball games. 

31 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It’s a thread about the conference-only schedule so I figured some people cared haha. 

I have a buddy that graduated from Purdue and we have friendly banter about our school’s athletics. So thanks for sharing. I cared.

Well I don't want to be the person to tell you so but I told you so.  I told the mods if they let a certain poster on here he will ruin every thread he joins and he is doing exactly that.  I don't care if I get backlash about this from some of you who told me not to worry about it. I love this board and how most people conduct themselves but I have seen other boards start out like that to only get ruined by a couple of bad apples.

Archived