Forgotten Movies

39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Actually one of my off the radar all time favorites. So many issues in play during that time that still play out today. Phenomenal movie.

Can't let this go by and not say anything about my Dad.  He was serving in the Navy at that time.  He was also on one of the ships in the blockade.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Can't let this go by and not say anything about my Dad.  He was serving in the Navy at that time.  He was also on one of the ships in the blockade.  

Wow. Besides being your Dad what a resource and person to discuss one of the greatest military moves ever. The military guys wanted war, JFK doing one last round of diplomacy w/blockade,etc....because of all the different moves, dispositions, reactions to moves,etc..

JFK mentioned it in movie. Book is called Guns of August. All of the military guys thought they were so in tune with enemies but the flaw was that was all based on past behavior. Not forward thinking,etc...

Anyway. Can go on and on about that movie and very cool to know about your Dad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow. Besides being your Dad what a resource and person to discuss one of the greatest military moves ever. The military guys wanted war, JFK doing one last round of diplomacy w/blockade,etc....because of all the different moves, dispositions, reactions to moves,etc..

JFK mentioned it in movie. Book is called Guns of August. All of the military guys thought they were so in tune with enemies but the flaw was that was all based on past behavior. Not forward thinking,etc...

Anyway. Can go on and on about that movie and very cool to know about your Dad.

My Dad is my go to guy when it comes to Berlin, Cuba, and Viet Nam before the fighting escalated.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...