Who is Frank Dardis ?

TDP-Z-field-of-dreams-sunset-2x.jpg?w=94

You may not know the name. However, you will remember him if you ever viewed the movie "Field of Dreams.   He's the guy who portrayed Shoeless Joe Jackson... walking out of the cornfield. Now 66 years of age. And has thrown so many semi-pro pitches in his lifetime that he can't straighten his arm any more.

You Can Now Spend the Night at the Iconic 'Field of Dreams' House 

A Stay at the Field of Dream House allows you to play catch on the field.

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

TDP-Z-field-of-dreams-sunset-2x.jpg?w=94

You may not know the name. However, you will remember him if you ever viewed the movie "Field of Dreams.   He's the guy who portrayed Shoeless Joe Jackson... walking out of the cornfield. Now 66 years of age. And has thrown so many semi-pro pitches in his lifetime that he can't straighten his arm any more.

You Can Now Spend the Night at the Iconic 'Field of Dreams' House 

A Stay at the Field of Dream House allows you to play catch on the field.

Uhhhh...I believe that the character of Shoeless Joe was played by Ray Liotta, Mile.  Was Mr. Dardis a stand-in for Liotta somehow?  He's listed as an unnamed ballplayer from my research.

4 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Uhhhh...I believe that the character of Shoeless Joe was played by Ray Liotta, Mile.  Was Mr. Dardis a stand-in for Liotta somehow?  He's listed as an unnamed ballplayer from my research.

Well. In part. We're both correct. As Dardis was Liotta's stand in. 

It really is the ‘Field of Dreams’ | Putnam County Record

Stay safe.  And thanks for being a great Hoosier Sports Nation member.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Neat.  Maybe rebook for next year ?  Not that bad of a drive from Indiana.   For the time being.... stay safe.

Thank you and yes hopefully next year. The biggest issue will be my oldest sons schedule.  Stay safe as well my friend. Our church had been open about 1.month but closed due to another covid outbreak in our church. We have not been to church since last week of February 

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Thank you and yes hopefully next year. The biggest issue will be my oldest sons schedule.  Stay safe as well my friend. Our church had been open about 1.month but closed due to another covid outbreak in our church. We have not been to church since last week of February 

Keep the Dream alive .

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

We planned on making trip there this summer. 

It has been a bucket list of mine for a long time.  That said, I hope the stands they put in for the game this year are not permanent.  I want to see the field in it's original form.

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

It has been a bucket list of mine for a long time.  That said, I hope the stands they put in for the game this year are not permanent.  I want to see the field in it's original form.

Good friend of mine got married about 30 minutes from nowhere out in the middle of Iowa years ago. Group of us stopped by just to see it. It's as pure as what you might think in your mind. We did the whole corn field, played catch.....took some grounders. I was planning on making the trip this year with my Dad but doesn't look like it's going to happen. True gem when walking up. Hard not to shed a small tear for us baseball fans.

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Good friend of mine got married about 30 minutes from nowhere out in the middle of Iowa years ago. Group of us stopped by just to see it. It's as pure as what you might think in your mind. We did the whole corn field, played catch.....took some grounders. I was planning on making the trip this year with my Dad but doesn't look like it's going to happen. True gem when walking up. Hard not to shed a small tear for us baseball fans.

So glad you got a chance to toss ball there.  Sad that you can't make it back not now. Darned pandemic !

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

We met a family in Florida that lives about 30 min from the field.  Even to the locals its still surreal 

Archived