MJ Daniels Commits to Mississippi State

KDB

51 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
“I just feel like I could come in and play as a freshman and have a big impact in the defensive backfield,”
Indiana joined by Georgia, Tennessee, Texas A&M in top-400 DB MJ Daniels' final group.

Legit chance to play as a FR has to be ultra enticing.  

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Legit chance to play as a FR has to be ultra enticing.  

I agree and was a bit surprised that the article mentioned that he was not aware of what Mullen did as a freshman. I would be showing him all the accolades that Mullen received and point out that as a freshman Mullen might have been riding the pine at Tennessee etc rather than star as he did at IU.

6 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

I agree and was a bit surprised that the article mentioned that he was not aware of what Mullen did as a freshman. I would be showing him all the accolades that Mullen received and point out that as a freshman Mullen might have been riding the pine at Tennessee etc rather than star as he did at IU.

He could get lost in UTs class really easily. 

2 hours ago, IU878176 said:

I may or may not have sent him an article describing what Mullen did as a freshman after he said that.

• 2 weeks later...

The top notch athletes that we are collecting jumps out overall, but also how we have stepped up in-state at the high end.

I have to admit I have lost track of who all we are still in on.  Obviously Daniels would be great.  You can never have enough good corners.  We have Larry Smith who has been a playmaker.  Ball skills is often a thing where you have it or you don't.  He's got it in spades.  I know he was listed as a free safety but maybe he's a corner because his build seems more like a corner unless he bulks up a lot.

I wonder about the two RB's.  Trent Howland at 6'2 210, I wonder if there's a linebacker there with those dimensions, and the class is light there.  He kind of has that Cam Jones build at the same age, and Cam was a possible receiver and now is a LB who wants to decapitate anyone in his way (love his physicality).  David Holloman can totally fly.  I wonder if they consider him at slot.  Otherwise a scat back who can fly is always a weapon you'd love to have. The coaches will know what to do when they see their skill sets in practice.  

Love Cooper Jones but it still stings that we lost Rodney McGraw.  Based on his quotes it seemed like he was gaga for Penn State.  He had a good chance tp be featured at IU and PSU will recruit the heck out of that position so we will see how that develops.  You can never have enough pass rushers and that's been a bugaboo for us as it is.  Austin Booker supposedly loved IU but somebody said his dad had connections with the Minny staff.  He will always have to wonder when Fleck jumps at USC or the next big job though and then he's stuck in Siberia.  Long way of saying I would love another pass rusher.  I'm greedy.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Time for McCulley, Sales, Smith and company to be all over Daniels to help reel him in. 

Aubrey Burks tweeted at Daniels yesterday and he replied right away with a Stay Tuned....#leo reference. I'm already ecstatic with what Allen and staff have done and who they've pulled in and where the players are coming from. He adds Daniels to the mix this will undoubtedly be the best class ever. If it isn't already.

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Aubrey Burks tweeted at Daniels yesterday and he replied right away with a Stay Tuned....#leo reference. I'm already ecstatic with what Allen and staff have done and who they've pulled in and where the players are coming from. He adds Daniels to the mix this will undoubtedly be the best class ever. If it isn't already.

This isn't the end all be all, but it doesn't matter zero. It has to mean something.. either hes leaning IU or he at minimum REALLY likes IU. 

Go close this one fellas.. 

Screenshot_20200816-105639_Twitter.jpg

On 7/22/2020 at 10:33 AM, The Daily Hoosier said:
“I just feel like I could come in and play as a freshman and have a big impact in the defensive backfield,”
Indiana joined by Georgia, Tennessee, Texas A&M in top-400 DB MJ Daniels' final group.
On 7/22/2020 at 10:33 AM, The Daily Hoosier said:

He cut Minny and Ole Miss? 

Also he comes here and plays baseball, as well.. I'll probably cry with joy. 

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

This isn't the end all be all, but it doesn't matter zero. It has to mean something.. either hes leaning IU or he at minimum REALLY likes IU. 

Go close this one fellas.. 

Screenshot_20200816-105639_Twitter.jpg

Someone in the replies also mentioned he's Ty Fryfogle's cousin. That can't hurt.

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Speaking of Burks, I saw a clip of him the other day and I won’t be surprised at all if he goes straight to husky, but honestly,  maybe LB as he grows into his body.  That’s the type of frame I perceived.  I could be wrong, I am an amateur and we have coaches on here who know waaaaay more than I do.  I’m just shooting the ¥$&#.  

Archived