Favorite meal of the day.

I would most definitely say breakfast.  Really enjoy the solitude and catching up on the news from overnight.

When working at the office, I always enjoyed lunch.  I am not a eat at my desk person and would almost always make time to get away from it to eat.  Loved to read on my lunch break.  Working from home during this pandemic, I don't step away like that and it takes away from my enjoyment.

I've never been a big dinner guy.  Doesn't matter if we are eating at home or eating out, I just don't case for the formality of it.  

Dinner for me. Love prepping for dinner. Sometimes, taking hours to prepare. And during the week, having it ready to watch Jeopardy, as we eat... which comes on at 6 pm where I live. Weekends are special for earlier dinners with friends.

4 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Dinner probably my favorite.  But breakfast as a food category because I can eat breakfast food for any meal. 

Funny thing. My son loves eating breakfast for dinner.  Something I have never been able to do myself. However.. I hear where you are coming from.

Just now, milehiiu said:

Funny thing. My son loves eating breakfast for dinner.  Something I have never been able to do myself. However.. I hear where you are coming from.

When I was growing up we would have breakfast for dinner a lot.  We would have eggs, bacon and pancakes and I always enjoyed  that.

Use to be breakfast when I could get a layer of hash browns, two biscuits on top, slathered in sausage gravy, with 2 over easy on top of that, and then bathe it all a nice amount of Trappey's Red Devil hot sauce and still function the rest of the day...

Before Corona, it was lunch simply because I went to different restaurants with my staff, and it was always a good way to get things accomplished, problems solved, and get to know each other as people...not to mention some pretty good eats...

Still lunch I guess...my wife and I go out for a nice salad/soup/sandwich or some combination thereof...the company is always better than the food though :) 

There’s nothing better than going out for brunch on Sunday.  There was a brunch place on Kirkwood with good scenery (prerequisite to get hired, I think, not that I had anything to do with it lol) and they’d have newspapers ready for you.  That’s the life.  

Give me like a crab hash with sunny side up eggs on top and a stack of chocolate chip pancakes.  

19 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I would most definitely say breakfast.  Really enjoy the solitude and catching up on the news from overnight.

When working at the office, I always enjoyed lunch.  I am not a eat at my desk person and would almost always make time to get away from it to eat.  Loved to read on my lunch break.  Working from home during this pandemic, I don't step away like that and it takes away from my enjoyment.

I've never been a big dinner guy.  Doesn't matter if we are eating at home or eating out, I just don't case for the formality of it.  

Breakfast for me too, but on weekends when not going into office. Tend to skip breakfast during the week. When on vacation (remember those?), going down with the fam and having omelets prepared, lots of coffee, or pancake stacks or waffles for the kids. It’s the lack of formality and enjoying the morning that makes it great. 
and I’m an eat at your desk guy for lunch lol 

Breakfast for me any time of day. Over the past few years though I think we've enjoyed the process of cooking dinner more and more and especially during these times. Not big eaters though. I tend to look at food as purely fuel. Never been a 3 meals per day guy.

13 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Breakfast for me too, but on weekends when not going into office. Tend to skip breakfast during the week. When on vacation (remember those?), going down with the fam and having omelets prepared, lots of coffee, or pancake stacks or waffles for the kids. It’s the lack of formality and enjoying the morning that makes it great. 

Omelets...ummmm...

When I was a young airman, I'd go to the chowhall and every morning order an omelet with ham, cheese, mushroom and tomatoes...One morning, this not too bright Staff Sgt who was always the breakfast cook decided to throw his weight around...told me, "No more specialty omelets! Either ham and cheese or a Denver omelet!" I asked what was in a Denver omelet and he says, "Ham, cheese, mushroom, tomato, onion, and green pepper."

I said, "OK...give me a Denver omelet, but hold the onion and green pepper."

He says, "OK."

I still laugh about that...

3 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I could have written that post.  That’s me, exactly. 

As a younger lad, I supported myself by learning how to cook in some of Bloomington's finer eateries. I've almost always (oddly) been a morning person, so I thrived at short-order breakfast things. I'm a bit of a foodie, but breakfast is sacred to me. I love Sundays because it gives me that space to create (or recreate) dishes that I've learned over the years. Usually nothing fancy, but occasionally I'll whip up a full-meal-deal for a get together brunch - home fries, eggs, quiche, hollandaise, B&G, etc. It's my forte and now I'm hungry and need to check my breakfast food supply. 😀

Archived