Avery Brown (2022)

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, KDB said:

I really  hope we get Avery because I have seen many interviews with him and he seems very impressive.

• Like 1

I’m not second guessing any of this staffs decisions, but the schools IU is going up against for Gunn and this kid are a bit underwhelming.   That means little, but just an observation.    Maybe Archie and crew and spot these underrated kids like OurMaan Franklin and develop them into studs.  

2 minutes ago, Bustout said:

I’m not second guessing any of this staffs decisions, but the schools IU is going up against for Gunn and this kid are a bit underwhelming.   That means little, but just an observation.    Maybe Archie and crew and spot these underrated kids like OurMaan Franklin and develop them into studs.  

Gunn verballed very early...He still has the summer and his senior year of high school to be evaluated...so who knows what teams would have offered had he waited...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Have to remember the last time these kids were evaluated was after their freshman year since they did not have the summer ball last year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

What do you think of his ability from the clips you’ve seen?

There is just so little out there with these 21 and on kids because of no AAU ball and no fans and limited high school schedules. Just no tape to go off of.
That said as a sophomore he looked very strong with the ball...very tight with his handle, strong body, good size and athleticism....hesitate on his jumper...obviously he played on a really really talented team that didn’t need him to score but I would still like to see more perimeter shooting from him. Has ideal size and athleticism for a modern point guard though...I think a couple years and he could be scary good. For now looks more the Curbelo kid we missed that went to Illinois...more a distributor.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

There is just so little out there with these 21 and on kids because of no AAU ball and no fans and limited high school schedules. Just no tape to go off of.
That said as a sophomore he looked very strong with the ball...very tight with his handle, strong body, good size and athleticism....hesitate on his jumper...obviously he played on a really really talented team that didn’t need him to score but I would still like to see more perimeter shooting from him. Has ideal size and athleticism for a modern point guard though...I think a couple years and he could be scary good. For now looks more the Curbelo kid we missed that went to Illinois...more a distributor.

Thanks for the intel.  I haven’t seen much at all.  He does seem physically imposing for a point guard.  He’s probably a good leader.  Seems to have that vibe.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Thanks for the intel.  I haven’t seen much at all.  He does seem physically imposing for a point guard.  He’s probably a good leader.  Seems to have that vibe.  

Don’t really have any intel...just read a bit about him and watched what little is out there. Unfortunately will be a lot of question marks probably in the 21 and 22 classes because of limited scouting. I think some kids could get over ranked and some missed...guess it will come down to Roberts, Hunter, and ultimately Archie doing a good job.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, Jam said:

Does the Seth Trimble offer suggest this recruitment has cooled?

To me....look at the bringing in of Xavier Johnson...and look at the Trimble offer...then this kid kind of fits the mold. I think he would still be highly coveted. Could have changed with the coaching shift but it seems that bigger/athletic guards that can switch, create, strong to the rim is what we seem to emphasize.....shooting will be important but not the #1 priority of your point guard. It's to break down a defense and open up shots and create looks for your shooters and bigs. Something we have not had since Rob has been here.

22 hours ago, Jam said:

Does the Seth Trimble offer suggest this recruitment has cooled?

They just don't want to put all their eggs in one basket like Archie did many times. When that happens and you miss then you are stuck and end up with holes on the roster. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 1:08 PM, DC2345 said:

They just don't want to put all their eggs in one basket like Archie did many times. When that happens and you miss then you are stuck and end up with holes on the roster. 

Agreed. Trimble has a lot of high offers. Definitely no guarantees there. I look at Brown and I think there was some Hunter involvement for awhile so I don't think that would change much....unless we are getting feedback that the young man is interested elsewhere. I think with the new staff its just they are going to recast a wide array of lures out there and see what bites. Guys that would never have been interested in playing Archie ball may be intrigued by Woody.