Been a rough few days.

rico

Got to rant somewheres and you guys fit the bill.  Tammy and I have had some "tuff" luck this past week or so.  1st, Tam broke a tooth and they can't get her into the dentist until next week.  Then she got some "red flags" at the doctor's office and is gonna have to have some further tests done(keep us in your thoughts on that one).  Then it was my turn...started with the regulator f87king up on my gas grill.  Followed by a flat tire on my truck.  To top it off, I actually sent my phone through the washer.  No biggies that can't be taken care of sans Tammy's medical procedures.

Now to the real meat.  I found out on Father's Day week-end that I was going to be a Grandpa.  My first grandchild.  My daughter is expecting in mid-December.  She has been living with the father for 2 years now...and I find out last night that he doesn't want to get married, doesn't want the kid, and is taking his happy ass back to his family in Indy.

Thanks for listening and I am going outside to do some target practice with my .22 and 12 gauge.

That is a tough week...my prayers are with you and your family...

Tough week here too...one of our horses is in the hospital with choke. Find out today if it cleared or he undergoes a risky (50/50) medical procedure. Not as tough as human stuff, but devastating to my wife...

IMG_20200726_132400.jpg

26 minutes ago, rico said:

Got to rant somewheres and you guys fit the bill.  Tammy and I have had some "tuff" luck this past week or so.  1st, Tam broke a tooth and they can't get her into the dentist until next week.  Then she got some "red flags" at the doctor's office and is gonna have to have some further tests done(keep us in your thoughts on that one).  Then it was my turn...started with the regulator f87king up on my gas grill.  Followed by a flat tire on my truck.  To top it off, I actually sent my phone through the washer.  No biggies that can't be taken care of sans Tammy's medical procedures.

Now to the real meat.  I found out on Father's Day week-end that I was going to be a Grandpa.  My first grandchild.  My daughter is expecting in mid-December.  She has been living with the father for 2 years now...and I find out last night that he doesn't want to get married, doesn't want the kid, and is taking his happy ass back to his family in Indy.

Thanks for listening and I am going outside to do some target practice with my .22 and 12 gauge.

My friend, prayers have already been lifted up for you and your family. If  you need an ear just let me know. This community has helped me get through tough times and we  will be there to help you as well.  

36 minutes ago, rico said:

Sorry to hear about your rough time...I hope everything works out well for your daughter and that Tammy's tests come back that she is healthy. Hang in there.

40 minutes ago, rico said:

Congratulations on your grandchild, Rico. 

Obviously an incredibly soft decision by the dad, BUT the child will at MINIMUM have a mom and grandparents who love them. 

Thats a heckuva start for anyone!!! 

2 hours ago, rico said:

Will be praying for you and your family and remember this place is like a second family and this place has been good to me in my time of need.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Will be praying for you and your family and remember this place is like a second family and this place has been good to me in my time of need.

I won't stop saying this.  Hoosier Sports Nation is like a family. And I find it heartwarming that Rico chose HSN to find some support.

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

That is a tough week...my prayers are with you and your family...

Tough week here too...one of our horses is in the hospital with choke. Find out today if it cleared or he undergoes a risky (50/50) medical procedure. Not as tough as human stuff, but devastating to my wife...

IMG_20200726_132400.jpg

Animals. Dog, cat or horse are family.  It's tough when they are not doing well. Best wishes.

When we say "we root for the Hoosiers" we don't just mean the athletes. We're all rooting for your wife, your daughter, your grandchild, you, Billingsley99, Ayden and the family, and IUFLA with his animal issues (they're family too).

It's a special connection we all have as Hoosiers.

May God Bless all of us!

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Congratulations on your grandchild, Rico. 

Obviously an incredibly soft decision by the dad, BUT the child will at MINIMUM have a mom and grandparents who love them. 

Thats a heckuva start for anyone!!! 

Agree all day. Not to diminish other stuff but plenty would be ok with this start in life.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Tough times all around man. Sorry to hear but the old saying tough times don't last people do. You'll get past this. In terms of your daughter's boyfriend. Might hurt for awhile but better to get rid of bums now. Big difference between having a kid and raising one.....plenty of time for the rest of the story. 

Just this past Sunday, Pastor asked me to read this as an additional reading to a scripture reading! 
From the writings of James Russell Lowell, 

“Let us be of good cheer, remembering that the misfortunes hardest to bear are those which never come.”

Trust in the Lord! 

Praying for all of HSN! Love you all!

Sorry to hear all that, Rico.  It’s an honor that you shared with us.  We send vibes for the strength that you already have to get through this.  Prayers to your family, especially TAM’s tests and your daughter raising the grandchild without the dad’s help. Very weak on his part but as everyone said, congrats and the baby is lucky to have you all to love him or her.  

Archived