DD is ripping Archie and IU basketball

On 7/29/2020 at 4:20 PM, Sark said:

Jockitch? That’s what you call him? And you confirmed my point that the reason most fans with IU loyalties don’t like him is because he’s not a homer.

But there is a difference in being a homer and purposely going out of your way to be completely unprofessional because you’re mad you got fired. If this was someone who had a reputation for being professional then his rant isn’t that big of a deal and some of his points are reasonable arguments. But when he adds in unnecessary digs and does everything possible to have unfair bias against Indiana you would almost think he is from Purdue.... even Matt freaking painter is more respectful about Indiana than DD. He also has been reprimanded multiple times for being unprofessional and is so sensitive that he will literally block someone on Twitter if they told him he had something in his teeth.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Sark said:

I don’t think Dakich goes “purposely out of his way to be completely unprofessional . . .”. That’s simply not true, in my opinion. And my comments about him not being a homer stand. Most IU people who don’t like him believe he should never be critical of the Hoosiers and it infuriates them when he speaks his mind and gives his honest opinion, even about our favorite team. Four pages of posts make that clear.

He's an idiot. I've accepted it. 

He comes at 18 years like a tough guy. He's not.

3 hours ago, Sark said:

So a former player and coach calling out athletes who sometimes have thin skins and exhibit all the signs of being pampered prima donnas makes him “an idiot”? plenty of coaches and former players do that. Why the different standard for Dakich?

Romeo Langford doesn't fit your criteria. So why did DD act like a chump in regards to him? 

Look.. I'm an alumnus... he's embarrassing. 

He's also the biggest hypocrite. "Calls people out for thin skin".... DD literally blocks you on twitter on the spot if you CALL him out. Lol 

Zero clue, other then to constantly plau devils advocate, what you're arguing. 

9 minutes ago, Sark said:

Once again, what did he say about Langford that wasn’t true? And why should he accept ad hominem attacks from people? I believe the vast majority of criticism he gets from IU fans is because they don’t believe he should criticize IU, and there’s nothing I’ve seen that changes that view.

👍

44 minutes ago, Sark said:

Once again, what did he say about Langford that wasn’t true? And why should he accept ad hominem attacks from people? I believe the vast majority of criticism he gets from IU fans is because they don’t believe he should criticize IU, and there’s nothing I’ve seen that changes that view.

Two things 

- How often do you hear him rip other programs. Imo, he rarely does, and certainly not to the extent or degree that he rips IU. He knows we are a large and passionate fan base and unfortunately, as with this thread, will react and respond in force. Great for his ratings.

- There is making legitimate critical observations and then there is making personal comments to denigrate or otherwise demean someone. The prior is a hallmark of a professional journalist, the latter is a petulant, bitter person who unfortunately has a platform to spread his nonsense 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Romeo Langford doesn't fit your criteria. So why did DD act like a chump in regards to him? 

Look.. I'm an alumnus... he's embarrassing. 

He's also the biggest hypocrite. "Calls people out for thin skin".... DD literally blocks you on twitter on the spot if you CALL him out. Lol 

Zero clue, other then to constantly plau devils advocate, you're arguing. 

DD calls Romeo the shoe guy

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Because that's who he is. He preys on the "weak"... the ones he KNOWS won't say anything back or can't. He isn't someone I would want to associate with or defend. 

Just don't pay attention to Sark because I assume he is the one you are arguing with.  He is just here to take the opposite side as everyone else and will argue with you no matter what.  DD has had other run ins with coaches and fan bases like Iowa and MSU.  The difference is that he makes it more personal with IU like calling Archie LIL Arch and making fun of his size and how he talks.  He makes it personal with players at IU as well like my example of Romeo which is uncalled for  You wouldn't see any UNC former players talking like that about current players or coaches.

On 7/29/2020 at 5:03 PM, Sark said:

Crean’s recruiting really fell off, and then losing those guys put them in a hole. Have heard about the APR issue but have never seen the data to back that up.

If you want to search to see what it is for other schools, sports, or conferences you can do it through here https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/aprsearch . For those who might not know much about APR but have heard it mentioned before, multi-year APR is the last 4 years (a perfect score is 1000) and if it falls below 930 the team get a post-season ban. Kentucky for example, has had a 1000 multi-year APR for 4 of the last 6 years and hasn't had a multi-year score below 960 since 2009

image.png.9068986fe5921344d8c133d47591ca59.png

Archived