UL post game thread

Indykev

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A three-point field goal (also called a three-pointer) is a field goal in a basketball game made from beyond the three-point line, a designated arc surrounding the basket. A successful attempt is worth three points, in contrast to the two points awarded for field goals made within the three-point line and the one point for each made free throw.

Our senior guards suck. Johnson with a goose egg, and Newkirk with a couple of costly turnovers at the end. Phinisee will clearly be starting next year. I think we get Langford, and I hear Jerome Hunter can shoot the three, is there anyone else coming in next year that is considered a good shooter?

In basketball, a turnover occurs when a team loses possession of the ball to the opposing team before a player takes a shot at his team's basket. This can result from the ball being stolen, the player making mistakes such as stepping out of bounds, illegal screen, a double dribble, having a pass intercepted, throwing the ball out of bounds, three-second violation, five-second violation, or committing an error such as traveling, a shot clock violation, palming, a backcourt violation, or committing an offensive foul.

Just now, Hoosier987 said:

Our senior guards suck. Johnson with a goose egg, and Newkirk with a couple of costly turnovers at the end. Phinisee will clearly be starting next year. I think we get Langford, and I hear Jerome Hunter can shoot the three, is there anyone else coming in next year that is considered a good shooter?

Anderson can shoot it. but we are talking 3 freshman

2 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Anderson. Hopefully Green gets more consistent and Al improves in that regard. 

Cannot win if you cannot shoot.  This was just like the Duke game.  Right in it but lack of shooting ability led to a loss.  Zero outside for the entire second half.  Johnson is hopeless.  He has no confudence.  Looks like IU is just a bit too deficient talent wise to beat good or even some beatable teams, just like it was today.

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

If the seniors, including Hartman, are going to play like this, sit them and play the guys who will be here next year.

Double edge sword. Do you want to play guys like Green and not make them pay for bad habbits? Gotta break the bad habbits of guys like that for the future. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Double edge sword. Do you want to play guys like Green and not make them pay for bad habbits? Gotta break the bad habbits of guys like that for the future. 

Play the walk ons if you need to sit Green or Al. The seniors are playig like walk on's anyway.

1 minute ago, madmax said:

I believe Rob will bounce back. He had a lot of good looks today-they just weren’t falling. Woulda liked to see him attack the rim more.

Today was the same Rob we have seen all year except today he didnt hit a bunch of lay ups in garbage time.

20 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Have at it.

This teams lack of length on the perimeter hurts our 3 point defense.  With us having to play a 3 guard lineup who all are under 6'3 is not long enough to contest those 3's.  Hopefully next year we can have Romeo at the 2 at 6'5 and Hunter at the 3 at 6'7 which should help the perimeter defense.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

This teams lack of length on the perimeter hurts our 3 point defense.  with us having to play a 3 guard lineup wo all are under 6'3 is not long enough to contest those 3's.  Hopefully next year we can have Romeo at the 2 at 6'5 and Hunter at the 3 at 6'7 which should help the perimeter defense.

Archie said he likes big guards. We will see that going forward in recruiting

Archived