Geronimo is frakn ripped

34 minutes ago, rico said:

Some IU greats were afterthoughts...Cheaney, Guyton, and Haston quickly come to mind.

Yep. The fact is this kid is certainly flying under the radar even with us fans. I drool over the prospect of having both him and Aminu on the wings in 21 attacking the rim and opening Up shots for guys like Leal and Galloway and Hunter. We haven’t had those type of athletes on the roster in a while. It really stresses a defense. If they can become consistent with their shot...sky is the limit.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

so many comparisons to an incoming frosh Vic, and also OG.

Elite athleticism. Length/wingspan. Defense-first player. Strong academics - smart young man. Elite, somewhat under-the-radar fast-rising player. Developing his handle and shot, with the mechanics already there. Demonstrated elite competitiveness and work ethic. 

Yep. His size and athleticism should get him on the floor right away. His defense will allow him to see minutes. If his offense comes along watch out! I’m excited we finally have someone that has the ability and confidence to finish on a fast break. Tired of watching feeble or inept finishing on our breaks.
We’ve had some high leapers in the past but I think this kid might blow them all away. He can put in on the floor and certainly can finish!

Even in the offseason with its paucity of things to discuss, I'm over the workout stuff. Every year, we get nice shots of guys getting ripped and apparently breaking vertical leap records. Then we end up seeing teams that can only muster enough effort to play one complete half of basketball. 

Whatever they're doing in the gym, is it in the service of competing for a full 40 minutes? If not, the bodybuilding and vertical leap stuff is tiresome.

4 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Even in the offseason with its paucity of things to discuss, I'm over the workout stuff. Every year, we get nice shots of guys getting ripped and apparently breaking vertical leap records. Then we end up seeing teams that can only muster enough effort to play one complete half of basketball. 

Whatever they're doing in the gym, is it in the service of competing for a full 40 minutes? If not, the bodybuilding and vertical leap stuff is tiresome.

Kind of a weird year for workouts.  IU paused BB work outs on Sept. 4 .  Due to the pandemic.  But renewed them Sept 25.

10 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Yep...and Archie only plays guys for 4 minute stretches...yet like you said it doesn’t translate always. Hopefully that is a thing of the past and Archies recruits will compete for 40 mins a night.

Archived