Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


Sign in to follow this  
BeerBQ

Patrick Shoulders Interview

Recommended Posts

The Hoosier Hysterics did an interview with trustee Patrick Shoulders that I haven’t seen mentioned here. He is a part of a well known entity so I think it would be of interest to a lot of members. 
I didn’t know much about him and thought it was very interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

It would be of great interest to me if he got the hell away from IU and never came back. 

Why?

I’m genuinely curious. He was an entertaining interview and seemed to truly care about IU. I will admit he had some typical “lawyer” responses, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

It would be of great interest to me if he got the hell away from IU and never came back. 

If you listened to the interview, you would discover that Shoulders is not running for re-election for the Trustee chair he now holds.

Thought the interview was good, and pretty entertaining. Like the guy or not, it was a decent listen IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DWB said:

If you listened to the interview, you would discover that Shoulders is not running for re-election for the Trustee chair he now holds.

Thought the interview was good, and pretty entertaining. Like the guy or not, it was a decent listen IMO.

I already knew that. He was going to be done this year, but thanks to Covid, he's here awhile longer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

Why?

I’m genuinely curious. He was an entertaining interview and seemed to truly care about IU. I will admit he had some typical “lawyer” responses, though. 

Either on this site or BtownBanners, there is a poster who could tell stories for days about how Shoulders has spent the last 20 years royally f*cking our basketball program. He's the last remaining member of the "Revenge of the Nerds" clan that was responsible for getting rid of Knight. He approved the hiring of Adam Herbert, which led to the hiring of Sampson. He's had a hand in countless other bad decisions that have plagued our program. He needed to be gone 20 years ago, if not sooner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Either on this site or BtownBanners, there is a poster who could tell stories for days about how Shoulders has spent the last 20 years royally f*cking our basketball program. He's the last remaining member of the "Revenge of the Nerds" clan that was responsible for getting rid of Knight. He approved the hiring of Adam Herbert, which led to the hiring of Sampson. He's had a hand in countless other bad decisions that have plagued our program. He needed to be gone 20 years ago, if not sooner. 

Just to throw it out there....how much is truth, fabrication, over exaggerated, etc?  He seemed to explain his part pretty well in the interview and he has served IU for a long time.  It is always easier for a poster to arm chair when they are not in the room.  Also, the board represents many stakeholders and one posters viewpoint is not all those stakeholders.  

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...