McKinley Wright

So I just saw on Twitter that McKinley Wright is someone to watch out for on the transfer portal. When Coach was at Dayton he had McKinley coming to Dayton but he didn’t come to Indiana. Now that McKinley has blown up is he someone we should go after if he transfers? Stat line is: 14.4 pts 5.7 rebounds 5 assists 44.8% from the field 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

So I just saw on Twitter that McKinley Wright is someone to watch out for on the transfer portal. When Coach was at Dayton he had McKinley coming to Dayton but he didn’t come to Indiana. Now that McKinley has blown up is he someone we should go after if he transfers? Stat line is: 14.4 pts 5.7 rebounds 5 assists 44.8% from the field 

Take him in a heart beat and since he already has a relationship with Archie you would think he would look at us.

6 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I haven't seen anything to indicate that he's planning to transfer. Just that he's withdrawn from the draft but will return to Colorado.

Wouldn't know why he would transfer because he is one of their main guys who gets a lot of minutes.

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’ll take chemistry over a single talented player anyday. 

Chemistry is clearly important, but a coach has to put the best team on the floor. I like Rob, but he’s been fragile. If we have a season, I hope it’s a breakout year for Rob, but MW is the more proven player at this point. 

Just now, 13th&Jackson said:

Chemistry is clearly important, but a coach has to put the best team on the floor. I like Rob, but he’s been fragile. If we have a season, I hope it’s a breakout year for Rob, but MW is the more proven player at this point. 

We have Lander too in case Rob gets hurt. A coach has to achieve a cohesive team and from there put the best team on the floor. Talent is secondary to team cohesion. 

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Can’t worry about chemistry. MW would be an immediate upgrade and make the team better. 

Chemistry is important...also important the signal it sends to kids you just brought in to play the guard position to then bring in an upperclassman over them. Sure there is a certain amount of understanding that there will always be kids coming in fighting for your minutes but there is still a certain amount of trust you put in the coach when he is recruiting to to be honest about minutes and future positional depth. Hard to know what Archie has said and promised..so I don’t worry about transfers and such as I know he has the best interest of his team...not just this year but the future ones too. Don’t want a kid transferring out before they have a chance to be impactful for your program. Lots to consider then just points per game.

I have talked about McKinley in the past. Love his game. And have enjoyed watching him play for the Buffs.  Having said that. McKinley you had an open door after to wear the Candy Stripes after you committed to Archie at Dayton.  Sorry... IMHO... you don't get a second chance.  Regardless of your game.  

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Bringing in MW is irrelevant for chemistry, IF our leadership is as good as it should be. 

Bottom line. You HAVE to have talent first, then go from there.

People are acting like this kid is Lebron James. 

We had Romeo Langford and because our team had no chemistry the season was a disaster. How about we learn from that and not yearn to repeat the mistake. 

Also if you brought him in it would b easier to redshirt Leal or Galloway or both.  To me it would benefit both of them to redshirt this year because I think they would produce a lot more as a 5th year senior than they will as a freshman.  To me both seems like they will be good college players who will stay until their eligibility  is up so why not get your maximum production from them.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I have talked about McKinley in the past. Love his game. And have enjoyed watching him play for the Buffs.  Having said that. McKinley you had an open door after to wear the Candy Stripes after you committed to Archie at Dayton.  Sorry... IMHO... you don't get a second chance.  Regardless of your game.  

I didn’t know that.... that’s very interesting... do you know why he chose Colorado over the coach he already committed to?

10 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I didn’t know that.... that’s very interesting... do you know why he chose Colorado over the coach he already committed to?

I thought at the time we had no scholarships available because Archie kept the 3 committed players from Crean's class(AL, Smith and Moore.

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also if you brought him in it would b easier to redshirt Leal or Galloway or both.  To me it would benefit both of them to redshirt this year because I think they would produce a lot more as a 5th year senior than they will as a freshman.  To me both seems like they will be good college players who will stay until their eligibility  is up so why not get your maximum production from them.

Jack, show him what he’s won....

bingo 

52 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Assuming they want to be red shirted...

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

People are acting like this kid is Lebron James. 

We had Romeo Langford and because our team had no chemistry the season was a disaster. How about we learn from that and not yearn to repeat the mistake. 

I have no idea why you quoted me. 

Archived