McKinley Wright

Has there ever been a player who never played for IU that has gotten the run on message boards as McKinley Wright?  I didn't want him over Rob then, and I don't want him now.  For all of you stressing locking up the boarders, how does that work when you say to Indiana kids "We appreciate your commitment, and even giving up your Senior year of High School, but I need you to take a seat for this kid from Minnesota",  or are some of you suggesting we go with a three point guard line up? I 'm tired of crappy team chemistry,  I'm tired of hearing about McKinley Wright,  I look forward to the days when he is no longer in college and people stop bringing him up.  OK that's it.  Old Man rant over.  Carry On.  🤬

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Has there ever been a player who never played for IU that has gotten the run on message boards as McKinley Wright?  I didn't want him over Rob then, and I don't want him now.  For all of you stressing locking up the boarders, how does that work when you say to Indiana kids "We appreciate your commitment, and even giving up your Senior year of High School, but I need you to take a seat for this kid from Minnesota",  or are some of you suggesting we go with a three point guard line up? I 'm tired of crappy team chemistry,  I'm tired of hearing about McKinley Wright,  I look forward to the days when he is no longer in college and people stop bringing him up.  OK that's it.  Old Man rant over.  Carry On.  🤬

Yep, I'm with you, sir.  100%   😊

We had a huge thread about that big guy on east that ended up going to Georgetown and then Nebraska.  Everybody was on here waiting for him to commit and he turned out to be a stiff.  Fr McKinley I don't see the reason to be talking about him since it has never came out that he is looking to transfer.

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

We had a huge thread about that big guy on east that ended up going to Georgetown and then Nebraska.  Everybody was on here waiting for him to commit and he turned out to be a stiff.  Fr McKinley I don't see the reason to be talking about him since it has never came out that he is looking to transfer.

Yeah.  When he left B-town on his official, he told several players he was coming to IU. But had to talk to his mother first.  Got to D.C.  Was met by their coaches, and committed to Georgetown.  The "Jeffries" effect.... in reverse.

17 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Moses Abraham.  We were really hard up!

19 hours ago, Muddy River said:

I would not take him now but would have taken him then.  (Workouts have already started, unless we are talking a Shaq type of player, I don't think I would add anyone at this point.)  And you would not have been taking him over Rob, different class, you would be looking at him over Durham, Justin Smith, or the kid from that class who left after his first year whose name escapes me.

With Rob hurt off and on the past few years, I think a guy like Wright would definitely have helped.  He may have been enough to get us over the tournament hump in Romeo's year.

39 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I would not take him now but would have taken him then.  (Workouts have already started, unless we are talking a Shaq type of player, I don't think I would add anyone at this point.)  And you would not have been taking him over Rob, different class, you would be looking at him over Durham, Justin Smith, or the kid from that class who left after his first year whose name escapes me.

With Rob hurt off and on the past few years, I think a guy like Wright would definitely have helped.  He may have been enough to get us over the tournament hump in Romeo's year.

Probably all moot, but I’d still add him now. He’s been a consistent 14-5-5 guy each of his three years. What IU guard is a lock to give that production this year?

Don’t know exactly how he ended up at CO, but after his release from Dayton, Archie said publicly that MW should stay at Dayton 

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

If my memory serves, McKinley was a year ahead of Rob, and my fear was that a commitment from him would have pushed Rob elsewhere.  My thought was that taking a kid from West Laffy that purdue WANTED, was more valuable than taking a kid from Minnesota.  In terms or recruiting, rivalry, and locking up the state, Rob was the player I wanted.

38 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Probably all moot, but I’d still add him now.

Don’t know exactly how he ended up at CO, but after his release from Dayton, Archie said publicly that MW should stay at Dayton 

So you're suggesting we should take a player who has already proven he doesn't listen to Archie?  :coffee:

7 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Colorado can keep him, imo. We are set with guards for this season. He said no to Archie once. Too bad , so sad

When did he say no to Archie because he committed to Dayton.  IU was full and had no scholarships so he did not even have a chance to tell Archie no.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Are we really in a position to cast aside our best returning 3 point shooter 

Pathetic. I didn’t even realize he was best.   Doesn’t seem like it.    I like Al, but don’t think he’s anything special.         

Rob or Hunter could be best 3 pt guys next year.  Really was hoping Rob would trend like Yogi.    

Nonetheless, Wright would help this team IMO. 

26 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Pathetic. I didn’t even realize he was best.   Doesn’t seem like it.    I like Al, but don’t think he’s anything special.         

Rob or Hunter could be best 3 pt guys next year.  Really was hoping Rob would trend like Yogi.    

He’s a talented player. But isn’t tall enough to play with Rob and Lander in a 3 guard lineup. Al is. 

47 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Al had a very good year and he is one of our leaders on this team.

1 hour ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

A leader doesn’t get kicked out for being a knucklehead like he did last year... also when he was asked about being a leader his answers didn’t impress me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Man, it's been a long time I guess.  Don't remember Al getting disciplined last season?

Archived