Beruit Explosion

I'm not a scientist. Barely got a C in L104 and C105 at IU. Ammonium nitrate is used for fertilizer and explosives (google search). I'm assuming this is nothing other than a bad warehouse use, right? No one would store this that close to a port unless they thought they could because it's hiding in plain view. Scary video for sure. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Watched live on You Tube. What amazed me was the numbers of people walking around or driving their cars close to the explosions and fires as if nothing had happened.  Guess in that country they are used to bombings.

We had missionary speak at church one time, talked about living in Israel on the border with Lebanon! Talked about the bullet holes in the walls and taking cover! Yeah they are used to it! 

57 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

We had missionary speak at church one time, talked about living in Israel on the border with Lebanon! Talked about the bullet holes in the walls and taking cover! Yeah they are used to it! 

We visited Israel in November, 2006. Right after a summer of war against Hezbollah. First stop on our tour was in Northern Israel and the guide pointed out areas we should not stray to as there could be active land mines. Drove past bombed out malls . Went to lunch at a kibbutz on Sabbath and was allowed to roam the grounds but warned that if we crossed a certain culvert, our safety could not be guaranteed.

Can’t imagine living under those conditions. Can’t imagine the constant criticism that a country undergoes just to defend itself 

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

We visited Israel in November, 2006. Right after a summer of war against Hezbollah. First stop on our tour was in Northern Israel and the guide pointed out areas we should not stray to as there could be active land mines. Drove past bombed out malls . Went to lunch at a kibbutz on Sabbath and was allowed to roam the grounds but warned that if we crossed a certain culvert, our safety could not be guaranteed.

Can’t imagine living under those conditions. Can’t imagine the constant criticism that a country undergoes just to defend itself 

I heard on the news that Israel had offered Lebanon their help if needed...

44 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I would love to visit Israel someday. I was planning on trying to go in November of 2008, but it didn’t work out. 

Archived