Rob for the win

There is a tradition that some curlers partake in before a match called “broom shooters.” Essentially, 4 shot glasses are glued on a curling broom. The 4 members of the team repeat a saying and then they all drink the shots. If all 4 people are the same height it goes smoothly. If not, it gets kinda crazy. Of course, not every team does this and usually the teams that do have already been drinking beforehand. 

Curling community is relatively small and close knit. Lots of fun and awesome people.

Sorry but I couldn’t leave foosball alone, after all it was my 15 minutes of fame!😜

Aspen Colorado late 70’s there to ski obviously, but my buddy and I walked down to a club near the hotel. Foosball was happening and we put our quarters down behind about 10 stacks. That’s how popular it was then. Get on the table and we could not lose, we would say need to stop so we can get a brew and people would say what do you want! After a few hours we finally say hey it’s been great but we have to be able to get up and race tomorrow! There must have been a hundred people watching us most of the night! 

If you’re nice I might tell you my secret foosball strategy!

Archived