Bruiser Flint leaving IU ?

Reference the Archie/Bruiser dust up, I do know this for a fact...

In today's climate especially, debate, sometimes heated, passionate debate, within a team is essential and can pay a lot of dividends...

Just so long as the thin line of insubordination/abuse doesn't get crossed, it makes for a healthier and more engaged team...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

There was recently a very good 3-part documentary on The History Channel.  You might be able to still watch it on demand.

...and down the rabbit hole I go...

Since you guys piqued my interest with the "Grant" mini-series, I figured it wouldn't be "on demand" for Dish Network...

And I was right :( 

29 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yep. Confirming. Now a done deal.

Kenny Payne leaving Kentucky Basketball to join Knicks; Bruiser Flint replacing him - A Sea Of Blue

Now the fun begins.   Who to replace  the Bruiser ?

Mike Miller. I know he just left Memphis to coach high school but he apparently has a good relationship with Ostrom, is a good recruiter/makes the NBA development pitch easier, and wouldn’t hurt to have a more offensive minded coach who can also help with shooting.

Doesnt hurt that we are also recruiting his son.

Id say AJ Guyton but idk what he’s like as a coach tbh.

53 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Mike Miller. I know he just left Memphis to coach high school but he apparently has a good relationship with Ostrom, is a good recruiter/makes the NBA development pitch easier, and wouldn’t hurt to have a more offensive minded coach who can also help with shooting.

Doesnt hurt that we are also recruiting his son.

Reminds me of when Larry Brown hired Danny Manning's dad to get his son to come to Kansas.  Dave... love ya man.  And want you to stay safe.  However, I never want IU to hire someone.... just in order to get their kid.  Just does not sit right with me.  Sorry.

Ed Manning 

Just now, milehiiu said:

Reminds me of when Larry Brown hired Danny Manning to get his son to come to Kansas.  Dave... love ya man.  And want you to stay safe.  However, I never want IU to hire someone.... just in order to get their kid.  Just does not sit right with me.  Sorry.

I don't think that would be the case with Mike Miller. It may look that way and be bad optics and fodder for the Bovine crew in West Lafayette but Mike I feel is very capable of coaching at IU. Whether he wants to or is even on CAM's radar I have no idea. His son may or may not want to play for Dad. This would not be a situation to hire Dad to get son. 

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I don't think that would be the case with Mike Miller. It may look that way and be bad optics and fodder for the Bovine crew in West Lafayette but Mike I feel is very capable of coaching at IU. Whether he wants to or is even on CAM's radar I have no idea. His son may or may not want to play for Dad. This would not be a situation to hire Dad to get son. 

I defer to your much more talented knowledge and opinion than me.  Still don't like the optics.  Too much Manning like for me. 

Here's my list , all of which are improbable :

1.  Calbert Cheany

2. Dane Fife

3. Michael Lewis

Archived