Alford, growing up in IN

Listened to the whole thing and learned a few things.  He mentioned 8' Biddy-ball goals in Martinsville, which is what we called them.  They're at the city park last time I was there and I remember them being installed when I was in High School.  What I didn't know is that his Father (who was HC at the time) was behind getting those in.  Interesting.  

I've shared this before so sorry....I'd seen Steve around town often, usually at the High School gym.  I saw him a the city park and knew who he was so we played a game of HORSE one time while we were waiting to start a pick-up game.  He was undersized for his age (maybe 7-8), so small his socks wouldn't stay up, but even then he could shoot.  I was about 16 at the time and the only way I could make him miss was to shoot beyond his range.  (Hey, a W is a W.  Not sure we finished.  Can't remember.)  Anyway, he was way too small to play in pickup games at the time,  but that stroke was exactly the same when I saw him play in High School.  Exactly.  What surprised me was his size.  He was so small as a kid I thought he'd be 5'10" or so at the most.

Thanks for sharing.  

20 minutes ago, morganmonroe said:

Listened to the whole thing and learned a few things.  He mentioned 8' Biddy-ball goals in Martinsville, which is what we called them.  They're at the city park last time I was there and I remember them being installed when I was in High School.  What I didn't know is that his Father (who was HC at the time) was behind getting those in.  Interesting.  

I've shared this before so sorry....I'd seen Steve around town often, usually at the High School gym.  I saw him a the city park and knew who he was so we played a game of HORSE one time while we were waiting to start a pick-up game.  He was undersized for his age (maybe 7-8), so small his socks wouldn't stay up, but even then he could shoot.  I was about 16 at the time and the only way I could make him miss was to shoot beyond his range.  (Hey, a W is a W.  Not sure we finished.  Can't remember.)  Anyway, he was way too small to play in pickup games at the time,  but that stroke was exactly the same when I saw him play in High School.  Exactly.  What surprised me was his size.  He was so small as a kid I thought he'd be 5'10" or so at the most.

Thanks for sharing.  

Hey stranger.  Thanks for sharing again. 

Archived