SIAP. The MAC Conference has cancelled Fall FB...

14 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If they cancel football what are the chances that basketball will be played

If football is outright cancelled, you can kiss basketball goodbye. 

If football is postponed until spring, then I think you see basketball season get pushed back to start later and we have May Madness next year.  

That' how I see it anyway.  To be honest, I'll believe they are going to play any of it when I see teams take the field/court.  

1 hour ago, Sark said:

Stopping sports like football wouldn’t slow Covid spread?

The way I look at it is athletes will have lots of extra time without practice/workouts/games.   Instead of being somewhat isolated for those hours each day now each player is out and about like the rest of us.  And knowing teenage/college kids I can guarantee they won't be home alone in their dorms.   I could see Covid numbers actually increasing among athletes if sports seasons are cancelled.    All the regular testing, extra safety precautions and coaches and staff monitoring things go away when seasons get cancelled.    

Go Hoosiers!!!

Listening to JMV and Rabjohn's is talking about one of the problems that schools are looking at is liabilities.  He said since we don't know the long term problems that the virus can have on the body they are affraid of a lot of long term liabilities.  If a player gets covid while playing and then it turns into major lung or heart problems their insurance could be paying bills for players for a lifetime.

49 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Listening to JMV and Rabjohn's is talking about one of the problems that schools are looking at is liabilities.  He said since we don't know the long term problems that the virus can have on the body they are affraid of a lot of long term liabilities.  If a player gets covid while playing and then it turns into major lung or heart problems their insurance could be paying bills for players for a lifetime.

Sign a waiver

1 hour ago, Indy1987 said:

The way I look at it is athletes will have lots of extra time without practice/workouts/games.   Instead of being somewhat isolated for those hours each day now each player is out and about like the rest of us.  And knowing teenage/college kids I can guarantee they won't be home alone in their dorms.   I could see Covid numbers actually increasing among athletes if sports seasons are cancelled.    All the regular testing, extra safety precautions and coaches and staff monitoring things go away when seasons get cancelled.    

Go Hoosiers!!!

Since there isnt going to be a season rabjohns can devote himself to full time social justice activism. Im surprised he hasnt already. He certainly had me think he was making a career change.

Archived