Jaquez Smith Commits to Indiana

KDB

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, KDB said:

4-star WR from Atlanta, Georgia. Announcing his commitment on August 15th.

Other than Georgia Tech and Indiana I’m not sure who else is involved here.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jaquez-Smith-46049340/

Is offer list is off the charts. Would be great to land him. Not to doubt you but why do you think only IU and G Tech are still involved?

28 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Is offer list is off the charts. Would be great to land him. Not to doubt you but why do you think only IU and G Tech are still involved?

I’m not sure if they’re the only schools involved, just the only schools i’m aware of.

1 hour ago, IU878176 said:

I would be very, very interested in playing with Penix and McCulley. 

Position is irrelevant.. everyone wants a good Q to play with... ESPECIALLY if you're a WR. 

1 hour ago, IU878176 said:

Grades could be factor. Thats an outsiders perspective for guys that high and might not have a ton of suitors late. 

Sam Spiegelman, a South Central Recruiting Analyst, has put in a FutureCast pick on Rivals for Indiana.

Would be a HUGE get. Smith’s current 247 composite rating would make him the highest rated commitment ever for Indiana.

7 minutes ago, KDB said:

Sam Spiegelman, a South Central Recruiting Analsyst, has put in a FutureCast pick on Rivals for Indiana.

Would be a HUGE get. Smith’s current 247 composite rating would make him the highest rated commitment ever for Indiana.

That would be a great get and his offer list is very impressive.  With all of our good young QB's and if you add him to some of the other young WR's this offense would be in great shape.

10 minutes ago, KDB said:

Sam Spiegelman, a South Central Recruiting Analsyst, has put in a FutureCast pick on Rivals for Indiana.

You bring info like this to me more often, Ima have to buy you dinner. 

With it just being one guys pick.. it doesn't mean a ton, but it doesn't mean anything either. 

This guy is the typical CB picker... one week in advance he makes a pick and he's 35 of his last 37. 

Shew

And usually his picks commit within like 2 weeks of the pick. 

On 8/9/2020 at 10:33 PM, IU878176 said:

Might be big boys want him to play defense and we're going to let him play offense. 

9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Would be a hell of a get for you guys. Do wonder  what the reasoning is for others not being as involved could be grades or whether he wants to play defense/offense. Regardless it’d be a great pickup. 

They probably knew that once IU offered they didn't stand a chance so they backed off.

9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Would be a hell of a get for you guys. Do wonder  what the reasoning is for others not being as involved could be grades or whether he wants to play defense/offense. Regardless it’d be a great pickup. 

Like BtownQB said that those bigger schools might want him to play at another position.

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cruising a few places today and this one sounds very promising for us. I mean who wouldn't want to be in this offense with more than likely Penix throwing the ball around? Would love to get news like this. 

With him being for SEC country I hope the big ten postponing the season has an effect on his decision.

Archived