Name a famous IU grad, or...

milehiiu

3 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Catt Sadler from The E channel....Born in Martinsville..😁

Thanks Jax.  I don't watch E.  But did look her up, after your post. Too bad about her divorce.  May not last long as she is an attractive looking lady.... just like the majority of IU coeds. 

55 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks Jax.  I don't watch E.  But did look her up, after your post. Too bad about her divorce.  May not last long as she is an attractive looking lady.... just like the majority of IU coeds. 

Yeah to bad about divorce...i dont know what 5fouls was thinking on that one🤦‍♂️

9 minutes ago, snowling said:

Booker was a student at IU, at the same time as myself. I never met him.  But "Green Onions" came out at the time.  And word of mouth.... he became a big man on campus. Played multiple musical instruments.  And my understanding was that he  enrolled in IU's famous Jacob's School of Music.. only attended enough classes to remain in school, as he was already an accomplished musician.  I could be wrong on that. However, that is what fellow students told me at the time.

How Indiana helped shape musical legend Booker T. Jones: BTN LiveBIG

Great contribution, Steve !

True Mile, from what I know about him.  BTJ was back and forth from B'ton to Memphis (playing and such at Stax Records and he could play many instruments proficiently).  I'm not sure if he graduated or not, but he was a famous student who I believe holds an honorary degree.

Go Hoosiers!

6 minutes ago, snowling said:

True Mile, from what I know about him.  BTJ was back and forth from B'ton to Memphis (playing and such at Stax Records and he could play many instruments proficiently).  I'm not sure if he graduated or not, but he was a famous student who I believe holds an honorary degree.

Go Hoosiers!

IU bestowed Booker with an honorary degree :

A Founder of American Soul Music: Indiana University Honors Booker T. Jones: 2012: Archive: Select Speeches: : Indiana University

Archived