Big Ten cancelling fall football...

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You are a hero... and if to no one else, your mom knows. 

Stay safe Kev. I hope you can find some time for yourself 

Thanks... i only posted personal stuff because just because a person has a view on something doesnt mean they are living that life,  Oh and 2000 masks were dropped off if anyone is short!!

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

I wonder if those simply counting lives lost by COVID have thought about all the mental health issues this whole sh!tshow has caused.  Alcoholism, drug use, suicide, domestic abuse, etc has skyrocketed since we were all put on lockdown.   Children aren't learning because they can't be properly educated.  Their lives are being slowly destroyed. None of that is changing until we get back to normal.   Meanwhile, the vast majority of those dying from the virus were already living on borrowed time and likely wouldn't have lasted much longer anyways.

Bingo

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

I wonder if those simply counting lives lost by COVID have thought about all the mental health issues this whole sh!tshow has caused.  Alcoholism, drug use, suicide, domestic abuse, etc has skyrocketed since we were all put on lockdown.   Children aren't learning because they can't be properly educated.  Their lives are being slowly destroyed. None of that is changing until we get back to normal.   Meanwhile, the vast majority of those dying from the virus were already living on borrowed time and likely wouldn't have lasted much longer anyways.

If I started smoking when I was 15 and continued smoking until I was 70 and then get Covid and died... My dumbass died from smoking!!!    Likewise if I ate McDonald's everyday then get Covid and died...my unhealthy dumbass died from a poopy diet.  

Not trying to sound heartless here but maybe if people would take responsibility for their own daily health in the 1st place they would be fairing better.   I personally know 3 people that have had Covid.  All recovered although the one that is overweight and does not live a healthy/active lifestyle suffered for a month in the hospital.

Sure some people are born with conditions that make them susceptible.  They(along with the elderly) are they ones we need to isolate and help.   

Go Hoosiers!!!

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

You would have people like doctors, nurses, cops and firefighters working and find away for people go to the groceries without people going into the store. Have everyone shop online.

what if my truck breaks down or tire blows out on the way to firehouse?   more essential workers added to the list, like gas station attendants.  Gotta sell them cigarettes and don't forget the liquor stores.  remember Michigan was going to shut them down?  lines around the block.  

7 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Thanks... i only posted personal stuff because just because a person has a view on something doesnt mean they are living that life,  Oh and 2000 masks were dropped off if anyone is short!!

I'm going to keep and your family in my prayers.  If you believe or not doesn't matter. I will do it anyway.  

I've lost alot in my life and my Mom scared the hell out of me 2 days ago. She sent a text "I love you" and I didn't here from her for 2 days. We don't communicate as much as we need to but I was really worried.  It's too long of a story to tell tonight but me and my mom went through some trying times that most people will never understand.  

33 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I dont do social media outside of this site and mean no disrespect at all.  Never heard of this dude. 

Can you provide some context so I can understand this?  Thanks. 

My apologies. Just assumed everyone knew who Chronic was. Die hard IU guy.....but apparently after tonight he has a slant towards the administration. 

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

what if my truck breaks down or tire blows out on the way to firehouse?   more essential workers added to the list, like gas station attendants.  Gotta sell them cigarettes and don't forget the liquor stores.  remember Michigan was going to shut them down?  lines around the block.  

I would stop and change your tire if needed.

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

Well guys no sports to talk about until i;m guessing Jan. maybe. See you all when someone commits

You are a former caddie and you don't watch the PGA?  Golf is in a great place right now with all the new talent and some late year majors to be played.  

12 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

1 in 2000 Americans being dead isn't fear based BS, it's a reality. 

According to Google 150,000 people die every day in the world.  Millions die in the USA every year alone.  You're acting like the people dying are 30-40 years old and would've likely lived another 40-50 years if not for COVID.  That's just false.  There is of course always going to be the one off but the vast, vast majority were already living on borrowed time. 

5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

According to Google 150,000 people die every day in the world.  Millions die in the USA every year alone.  You're acting like the people dying are 30-40 years old and would've likely lived another 40-50 years if not for COVID.  That's just false.  There is of course always going to be the one off but the vast, vast majority were already living on borrowed time. 

It is just not abut people dying from the virus but the unknown on what this virus can do to your long term health.

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Can i ask honestly why you think its fear based BS.  What is the end goal?  Is the rest of the world in on it?  I am always interesting in why people believe what they believe.

There is an obvious end goal.  I can't tell you what it is as I'd be breaking one of Hoopsters commandments as to what we're allowed to discuss on this board.  But watch all the hysteria the media creates every morning.   

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Schools can't control what students do with their personal life, but they have put measures in place to enforce mask wearing and social distancing. They don't feel they can safely do that for sports. 

that's just it....they can control 100 scholarship athletes. Live together, eat together, attend on-line classes together, tutor together, work out together, practice together, travel together....I know average students are going to get tested once before being let on campus, athletes would be tested multiple times. 

Lots of safeguards in place to give athletes every chance to be healthy and compete...and if one contracts the virus, lots of safeguards in place for that situation as well.

There was a lot of planning and thought by coaching staffs and athletic departments to prepare for the upcoming season. Much more than just masks and social distancing

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

that's just it....they can control 100 scholarship athletes. Live together, eat together, attend on-line classes together, tutor together, work out together, practice together, travel together....I know average students are going to get tested once before being let on campus, athletes would be tested multiple times. 

Lots of safeguards in place to give athletes every chance to be healthy and compete...and if one contracts the virus, lots of safeguards in place for that situation as well.

There was a lot of planning and thought by coaching staffs and athletic departments to prepare for the upcoming season. Much more than just masks and social distancing

How'd that work for MLB? 

Archived