New Assistant Coach

KDB

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

Its a shame this focus on virtue-signalling with "diversity" is more important than merit and results. (spare me the lectures)...I would like to see him steal Fife away from Mich State.

I see no way Fife would leave being the #1 assistant at MSU to be the #2 or 3 on our bench

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why I thought he was #1 is because when they talk about future replacements for Izzo it is Fife that gets mentioned.

I hear IU people talking about him being Izzo's replacement but that's about it. Every now and then others will throw it out there but not as regularly. Fife is in fact number 3 and even listed in that order on the MSU website. This is similar to the order on IU's site. Archie, Ostrom, Flint, and Roberts. 

17 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I hear IU people talking about him being Izzo's replacement but that's about it. Every now and then others will throw it out there but not as regularly. Fife is in fact number 3 and even listed in that order on the MSU website. This is similar to the order on IU's site. Archie, Ostrom, Flint, and Roberts. 

Bruiser's still on our website?  IS Fred Glass still listed as AD?

I get that people like former players, but I don't know why we always throw their names out whenever there is an opening on the bench.  We have a small handful of guys that have experience in that area and most of them are not really listed as up and comers.

Fife comes up all the time but I don't see him leaving the stability he has now unless it is for a higher end H.C. job.  And I also think him as the heir apparent at MSU is a bit overstated as well.  Usually guys who are the heir apparent at that kind of program would have other schools sniffing around, and the only time I ever see him brought up for coaching changes is to come be the assistant at IU.  IMO, he should have moved on to another smaller school if his goal is to get a bigger job.  Just my 2 cents because ADs change.  You may be the heir apparent as far as the current AD is concerned, but what about the next guy?

23 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Is the AJ Griffin that's a 2021 5* recruit that's committed to Duke Allen's son? He has a son that's named AJ I just wasn't sure if it was the same kid. 

Read on cuse.com that Allen Griffin has two sons A.J and Trey. Pretty sure it is his son

40 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Is the AJ Griffin that's a 2021 5* recruit that's committed to Duke Allen's son? He has a son that's named AJ I just wasn't sure if it was the same kid. 

15 minutes ago, mkaser said:

Read on cuse.com that Allen Griffin has two sons A.J and Trey. Pretty sure it is his son

Duke's AJ Griffin is Adrian Griffin Jr. son of Seton Hall, NBA player, NBA assistant coach Adrian Griffin so it's not.

Archived