Bubble Basketball

More on the subject of bubble basketball. Depending on how the nonconference schedule plays out,etc....if teams can't play or are forced to back out,etc....I don't see a reason why we couldn't grab 7-8 teams from around the state and play each.

Pick a location. Indy or Bloomington or wherever. Thursday to Sunday. Could get 2-3 games in each weekend or bubble.  Get Evansville, Ball St, Indiana St, Butler, Valpo, Purdue, ND,etc....and we could get 6 nonconference games in. Save Purdue for conference portion of bubble down the road.

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

More on the subject of bubble basketball. Depending on how the nonconference schedule plays out,etc....if teams can't play or are forced to back out,etc....I don't see a reason why we couldn't grab 7-8 teams from around the state and play each.

Pick a location. Indy or Bloomington or wherever. Thursday to Sunday. Could get 2-3 games in each weekend or bubble.  Get Evansville, Ball St, Indiana St, Butler, Valpo, Purdue, ND,etc....and we could get 6 nonconference games in. Save Purdue for conference portion of bubble down the road.

Possibly but any games like that would take a lot of planning in advance.  With so many unknowns planning anything would be a nightmare.   Also it might be a hard time convincing a TV network to air games like that.  Would be a small audience outside of Indiana.  

Sadly I still don't see basketball happening until next year.

Go Hoosiers!!!

I just think it would be very difficult for the players to learn anything academic wise in such an environment, let alone being sequestered somewhere for such a long time frame.  Remember, despite how athletically skilled they are, they are still just kids.

On 8/13/2020 at 12:53 PM, IowaHoosierFan said:

my fear on this is that the although there is some hybrid, not all classes are this and not all professors are set up to do it for a full semester, they would just sail these players through instrad of doing the due diligence.  All classes would have to be streamed or recorded and then all quizes and test need to be proctor'd.  Would the NCAA investigate if grades were being given instead of earned.  

Well, they didn't investigate UNC when they did that. 
So I guess UNC ahead of its time!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived